New Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sagebrush Burns

Single-Sixer
Got a new (to me) Ruger today. It is a M-77RSI (International) in 308. This has the Mannlicher stock, 18 1/2" bbl, tang safety and blue metal. The wood and metal show essentially no wear and the bore is shiny and new looking. There are two very small rust spots at the muzzle just under the nose cap - will work on those tomorrow. After that, mount a scope and off to the range. Hope it shoots as good as it looks!

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
I had one in 308 Win years ago. Beautiful little rifle. Shot quite well, but changed point of impact from range session to range session. Not much, but enough to bother me. I sent it down the road as a result. One of my more foolish trades. Wish I still had it. Oh, and it was quite lively off the sand bags. Have fun with yours.

Baxter6551

Bearcat
Mine in .308 was a first anniversary gift from my wife in the early 80s. At the time they were only available in .308 and .243. Shot my first buck with it in NY Catskills. Hunted with it for a few years before switching to an early Browning Stainless Stalker in .270
Handy little rifle. Wish my RSI was in .243 however.

Sagebrush Burns

Single-Sixer
...Cleaning up the rust on the front sight band... Figured out that to remove the barreled action it was necessary to remove the nose cap. That was "too much fun"! Finally got it off without damaging anything and the clean-up was pretty simple. Went back together a lot easier than it came apart.

Sagebrush Burns

Single-Sixer
She's a shooter! Put a Bushnell 3x9 on, bore sighted and zeroed in 2" above cross hairs at 100 yds. Then hit all the steel at the range out to 400 yds - first shot center hit every time. Oh yeah!

Latest posts