new vaq

Help Support Ruger Forum:

two bit okie

Single-Sixer
I have four of the old model, vaquero grande, vaquero, large frame, first generation, or what ever else you want to call them in 44 mag. I dont really need the brute strength of the large frame for a 45, so has any one got any horror stories about the stupid lock in the new vawueros;.

while asking, has any seen a baby vaq with a dragoon grip fame on it?

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
I haven't had any problems with mine at all. I've put right around 500 rounds through it.

The only thing I don't like is the hammer spring. Just seems a bit weak, but it's touched off every round the hammer's fallen on. I haven't had any luck in procurring a stronger spring due to the lockworks. I believe it doesn't use a standard Vaq hammer spring.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
No & no.
Haven't heard of any problems whatsoever with lock but I doubt that many use it. Have not seen or heard of any dragoon grips on a Baby Vaq. But it would bolt right on if you want to swap grip frames.

contender

Ruger Guru
I have a pair of the NV's in 45 Colt. No issues with them at all. I also have several Vaqueros as well. 32's, 44's, 45's. Nice guns!

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Hundred's of rounds through the mid-frame flattops, and New Vaqueros, no problems.

The Dragoon grip on the baby Vaq frame question, do you mean a New Vaq, or a SingleSix frame Vaq?

M'BOGO

Buckeye
two bit okie said:
m bogo, I mean put the big square back on a new vaquero,(baby vquero) in 45.

Gotcha. A lot of people refer to the SingleSix framed .22rf's and .32 H&R's as baby Vaqueros.

Can't say that I've seen the dragoon frame on a NV, but it would work.

Latest posts