Not the typical Christmas weather

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It's become too muddy to continue trapping--I'm making ruts getting around. Pulled all traps for a while.
This morning I saw 3-4 frogs hopping into the water and a couple fish swirling around the cattail stalks. Walking from Ranger garage to house, I found a nightcrawler. AND IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY IN NORTH MO.

contender

Ruger Guru
Yep,, a bit warm here too. Funny you mentioned a nightcrawler. Yesterday,, I picked up a small bucket,, and under it was a very big fat nightcrawler. If it'd been colder around here,,, he'd been a lot deeper underground than he was.

KIR

Sparks, NV
National Weather Service map showed snow coming out way out of the northwest, but once again, it couldn't make it over the mountain in Sparks, NV. Just another dreary winter day. At least there are some football games to help me get through the day and of course the LAKERS game (hey, I didn't ask for Lebum to join the LAKERS) who will probably get killed by the Celtics this afternoon. Will enjoy a couple of bottles of Micheloeb Ultra at least. My neighbor has never had one, so I thought I would get a six-pack. No worries, not driving. Neighbors live directly behind me and walking around the end of the block to get there.

hittman

Staff member
And Mobuck you know I'm not far from you.
63 and sunny here yesterday ….. had a nice spin on the Harley and even washed the truck!
Today raining but still 55.
A stark contrast to the temps here just a year ago!

I saw a news report that most of the country is snowless for Christmas. The map they showed had higher than normal temps today.

I've gots shorts on today and have been outside most of the day.

Mike J

Hunter
Low of 55, high of 62 with rain here today. We were having lows in the lower 20's just a few days ago.

ProfessorWes

Hawkeye
It's as if the seasons are lagging six weeks to two months behind the calendar.

They're talking about rain/snow mix from Tuesday night through Wednesday night, which if so will be the first snow we've gotten in my corner of the Ozarks this winter. Not that I'm particularly worried about it sticking, as warm as it's been. This afternoon, as the temps dropped in advance of the front, is the first time in a week it's dropped into the thirties.

I expect the bulk of our snow will be late January into March . . .

nekvermont

Buckeye
Temps were in the mid 30's today and it was foggy. Strange weather but I'm sure we will pay dearly very soon. Christmas day 1980 it was -32*.

The balmy weather has been replaced since mid-afternoon. Son and I headed out about 3:30 or 4PM with a pickup load of traps and set until it got too dark to see the 'runs'. By full dark it was quite unpleasant due to the damp wind and falling temps.

I wore my pajamas today. One of our family traditions as we all go to my son's house wearing our Christmas PJs. I just never bothered to take them off. It was so nice. Rainy on Sunday but sunshiny on Monday but a bit cool. Only got into the-mid 50s

akbluz

Blackhawk
It's Winter in Southcentral Alaska this year. Record snowfalls, temp this AM was -5F here at our house.... thankfully clear skies for a day or so, then clouds & snow return. Did I ask, would anyone like some snow for FREE? Come shovel a pickup load or two. I've got PLENTY!

Latest posts