Ruger american ranch that take AR-15 magazines .223 cal

Help Support Ruger Forum:

remshooter

Bearcat
with the 16 inch barrel and takes AR-15 magazines ,any one like them? .thinking of getting one to carry on my 4- wheeler and pick up ,it short ,and i have lots of AR mags.How well do they shot?do the mags work good in this rifle?

Squib308

Bearcat
i have the ranch 5.56 model that took the rotary magazines, not the newer one with AR mag compatilibity. my model is smooth as butter and very accurate. it groups all sorts of ammo very consistently. mine loves 69gr OTM's, rounds usually touching at 100 yards.

the rotary mags are great but overpriced. i am also interested in the AR mag model although hopefully ruger gets this better than the mossberg MVP. i briefly had one of those but it jsut didn't run smoothly on AR mags. the issue with AR mags is since they only lock on one spot on side of mag, they really need a solid 4 sided mag well to hold in position (e.g. an AR). so if ruger gets the mag well nice and solid it should be functional. but if willing to drop some cash on the rotary mag ranch 5.56, i can say with certainty it's a fantastic rifle.