Ruger BX25 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cherokee

Single-Sixer
Anyone with any expereience with the Ruger BX25 mag. I just got two and neither one of them will feed, bullet noses jam against the ramp in the mag and actualy jam the bullet deeper into the case.

Added: I was using CCI Mini-Mags which feed perfectly in the standard 10 rd mags.

Bob G

Single-Sixer
I ran nearly a thousand rounds through two of mine with two different 10/22's on the 4th of july without a single malfunction of any kind. I use Blazer ammo. Also, a couple of mags full of stingers the other day and no problems.

labdad

Bearcat
I just did get one, I put about 50 rds of mini mags through it and about 100 rds of Blasers without a hitch. I ordered two more this am.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Local shop has 'em for under 28 bucks, so I bought two. After shooting up a couple of weekends, I needs two more!

I've no use for my old banana mags anymore...

I wish I could get a couple but in Maryland it is against the law to have anything over 20 rounds capacity. I am not even allowed to buy one and convert it to 20 rd. MD law states: "After June 1, 1994, it is unlawful to sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer any detachable firearm magazine (except a tube magazine for a .22) that will hold more than 20 rounds. Possession is not prohibited." The only way I can see around this is to 'find one' on the side of the road somewhere.

ten22

Single-Sixer
Fox Mike,

Just 'Find one' in PA, DE, or VA - possession is not prohibited.

That whole statement you quoted is only valid in maryland, just go out of state and bring them back - perfectly legal.

Brules

Single-Sixer
Anyone that's taken apart the BX25 magazine recognizes the red bushing on the right. I 3d printed the bushing on the left and it takes out almost 100% of the slack in the magazine. It no longer rattles like a can of rocks. The image makes the black bushing look rough, it's not.
Screenshot 2024-02-11 114510.png

Yupper, I know EXACTLY what you're saying. My 'fix' for this nose down problem is a simple rubber band from the base of the mag to the rifle's fore end. This supports the bottom of the mag and raises the angle of the cartridges in the mag making feeding much better.
I use one of these mags in a 77/22 as a practice rifle and usually get through 20-25 rounds w/o a snag.

I have around 8, maybe more. Shoot mini mags mostly, never had a feeding problem. I do shoot the 25s from standing so not to put pressure from a shooting bench etc pushing on them. They all rattle like a spray paint can. I wish they were lighter in weight but that may add to their durability.

Brules

Single-Sixer
I've tried the .22 short case and the replacement bushing is MUCH better.