Ruger Key Ring [WV] . . . MERGED THREADS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RSIno1

Hunter
Looks like they were done on brass slugs with a pantograph. Maybe omit the outer ring so they don't get confused with the originals.

eveled

Hawkeye
Late to the party. If there is another run of these, I'd like one. I know you can't sell them but I'd donate/ cover the cost.

338reddog

Single-Sixer
RSIno1 said:
Looks like they were done on brass slugs with a pantograph. Maybe omit the outer ring so they don't get confused with the originals.
Possible that the first ones were, I think possibly stamped. The detail on the first ones were not deep enough that I could make a mold and have enough depth in the detail to finish after casting(tried that). So I made the second ones with a relieved background.
I am unable to produce more at this time. We sold our store and jumped the California ship.I am not set up at this time to cast. I did keep the mold so maybe at a future date I will make more, it's just not feasible for me right now.
Jeff

Woohoo! I received this great and wonderful Ruger key-fob today.

LAH...Thank you so much for thinking of us. This is a tremendous gift. I am well pleased. :mrgreen:

and 338reddog...These are beautiful. thanks. :D

LAH

Buckeye
RSIno1 said:

I have both & there is no way to confuse them. Both are a work of art for sure.

LAH

Buckeye
I sent pjinak a PM he hasn't read it. Need to hear from you.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
The sun came out today and with it a marvelous RUGER key fob! My sincere thanks, and of course, the good high number check will fly tomorrow! I am forever grateful for your thoughtfulless and loyalty to our Ruger Forum. 8) :wink: SPLITZ

wolfsong

Staff member
I was fortunate enough to receive an original back in the day. I thought long and hard about the most suitable way to use it. All I could think was "Man, if I put this on a key ring it will get dinged and scratched, or worse, lost! So, mine resides in my gun safe with old coins, jewelry and other valuable/irreplaceable treasures that I own. It is far too magnificent in workmanship and sentiment to risk damaging or losing it.

LAH

Buckeye
Slyk Willy said:
I'd love to have one of those! Let me know procedure? Thnx

These were given in order they were asked for & are all gone.

Mine arrived today via the US MAIL…

A great big thank you to 338RedDog and LAH for their kindness and generosity….THIS is what makes this forum like no other.

It has now taken up a special place amongst my Ruger collectibles….

Made my day!

Latest posts