Ruger M77 Mark II *M77R??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

whisperingsmith

Single-Sixer
I'm looking to put this in the classifieds section but I'm not sure exactly what model this is. From the research I've done I think it's a M77R. It has a 22" barrel with a black tipped forearm stock. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• _DSC0132.JPG
    _DSC0132.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 62

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Looks like an ultralight stock but the UL's don't have 22" barrels. My guess is someone swapped stocks at some point. A nice looking rifle no matter what. How does the barrel channel look? It would have to have been opened up some to fit a standard barreled action.

The light colored stock looks like it could be Turkish walnut. The Express rifles had the black forend tip. I would guess that this was originally a stock from an Express rifle. I am not sure if there were overrun stocks sold on the accessory market.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Could that be a MkII Deluxe? I didn't look all that closely at the wood before but quite possible that it is circassian. They were all gone before I could manage to score one.

artey

Single-Sixer
If thats a 270 with a 22 inch barrel it is a 77RCW I think was the model. I have one but the box is stored away. Circassian Walnut, beautiful guns.