Ruger P90...Help!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stuger hawk

Bearcat
I hope to get some help from the "Auto" experts here. One of my neighbors wants to sell me his stainless P90 (.45 acp), and asked me to make the offer. I am a revolver guy, so ???. What would be a fair price for both sides? His gun is mint in the box with all paperwork. No wear, scratches, etc. He bought it new in 1994, put it away and never fired it. Serial # 661-06xxx. Thank's for any thoughts. stuger hawk

hittman

Staff member
It's hard to be the buyer and seller both. I try to determine if they really want to sell it or are looking for a free appraisal.

If you search completed auctions on Gunbroker you should get a pretty good idea. I think prices vary quite a bit from one part of the country to another.

Al James

Hunter
As stated above values seem to vary regionally. Also is it SS or blued? Decock only or Manual safety? Both will affect price quite a bit. In order of value least to most valuable-IMO:
Blued P90, SS P90, Blued DC, SS DC.

If hes a good neighbor hit him at 300. Bad neighbor 250. Id pay up to $375 in a FTF transfer if it was a SS DC NIB.

Hope that helps!

haymaker

Single-Sixer
Gunsamerica.com has a used P90DC listed at $400. I bought my P90 with standard safefy in the mid 90's for $320.00 brand new. Considering what new guns cost now I would off anywhere between $300 and $400 for it.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
You did indicate stainless and nearly NIB (mint - unfired). If you really want it, I would say 350 - 400 in a FTF transfer.... higher price for the DC version since that appears to be the favored flavor. You could find them a little cheaper, but that would be fair for both of you.... then let him buy you lunch after you pay for the transfer. :wink:

The P90 is supposedly one of the favored in the Ruger .45's .

roylt

Hunter
NIB say at least 350 to me. Look at gunbroker. The 90's very rarely go for less than 300. Plus FTF = no extra tax etc. so 400 might be fair. If he is a good neighbor maybe even more.

Good luck and post pics.

stuger hawk

Bearcat
Well guys, you ALL gave me the information I was looking for. He and I will get together this week. He is a good neighbor, but I told him to get the "lunch money" ready. Great help...Great Forum!!! stuger hawk