Sierra Outlet store

Help Support Ruger Forum:

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I called Sierra this morning to check on selection of bullets. Only pistol bullets was 10 MM. No .41, .44, .45's. They had a few .22's. Guess I will have to check out MidwayUSA. I don't have a 10 mm. Looks like I need one!

rangerbob

Buckeye
Just about all loading components have been in short supply since the pandemic started. Fortunately, I had laid in a stockpile when prices were right, but even now I'm down to my last 6000 small pistol primers. The good news is I finally got an 8# container of Reloder 26 on the way for my 6.5 PRC needs. Bob!

Paul B

Hunter
Over the years, many people thought I was wasting my time casting and shooting bullets in most of my guns. Came the Obama shortage and while I was going to the range, they were staying home. During that period, only one person came to me and asked me to teach him how to do it and help getting what he needed. Only one. BTW, this fellow came down from Phoenix to learn how to cast.
A friend who I shot with was also a bullet caster. We put up a flyer at the range offering a free class on bullet casting. No one came. The class was held over a weekend. That to me is one sorry sad state of affairs.
Paul B.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
These are "2nd" Bullets. I've always found these to shoot fine. About 1/2 price, too. I check weight on scale. Starline Brass is next door, so I can get new brass when I need it. This part of Missouri offers a lot to shooting industry.

mikld

Blackhawk
Like Paul B, I cast most of my bullets and have never been "short". Actually casting is an excellent "side hobby" that adds greatly to the satisfaction of reloading. Besides having as many bullets as you want, you learn a lot more about your guns than shooting jacketed or factory ammo. Not a difficult process nor expensive to get started, but it greatly adds to the fun and "availability" of bullets...

magnum711

Bearcat
We also have Missouri bullet company in our back yard! :D

daveg.inkc said:
These are "2nd" Bullets. I've always found these to shoot fine. About 1/2 price, too. I check weight on scale. Starline Brass is next door, so I can get new brass when I need it. This part of Missouri offers a lot to shooting industry.

Don Lovel

Hunter
Back in the late 90's I did a boiler removal at the old Smith Cotton High School in Sedalia and was staying there for several weeks running that job. I got to hit the Sierra outlet twice, got the tour once. I am still shooting 150gr 30 cal, 300gr 45 cal and 6mm 60gr I bought there back then. I think I had a full big coffee can of each caliber back then and about 500 165gr match 30 cal I have shot up in my Garand years ago

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I toured the Sierra plant. Most interesting was the test tunnel. They use Remington 700 actions. To test .270 Winchester bullets, they use .308 Win. necked down to .277". I was told to use less propellant. The 2 volume Sierra reload manuals, green in color, feature white presses on the covers. I worked in the Tool and Die shop that made these. Their representative would take our orders for bullets and deliver them, when he was in Kansas City.