Single six in 38

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
If it was done by a true custom smith, one would hope they would have stated the name of the gunsmith; usually, that would add big value to the gun (AFTER they fix the broken hammer/trigger). IIRC, David Clements (retired) was one of the people who did these caliber conversions on Rugers. This one does not look like Clements work at all.
J.

Cholo

Staff member
Yesterday evening I sent the seller a question concerning the half cock and he didn't respond. I don't think it was a stupid question for me to ask for clarification. Afterall, for someone with over 17k GB sales he sure does know how to mislabel a gun. He listed it as a 22LR with a 4.5" barrel. It's not a stretch for him to also butcher the description, including the half cock statement.

How he could sell a gun so dangerous is beyond me.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Y'all reckon it's +P rated? :cautious:

Ruger Single 6 Revolver .22 LR Blue 4.5 MFG 1955 C&R and NO RESERVE!-img-40

You'd think a good 'smith would have made it a 5-shot. And also adjusted the caliber marking on the frame.

Y'all reckon it's +P rated? :cautious:

Ruger Single 6 Revolver .22 LR Blue 4.5 MFG 1955 C&R and NO RESERVE!-img-40

You'd think a good 'smith would have made it a 5-shot. And also adjusted the caliber marking on the frame.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

below is from a older topic

Sugar River said:
By "stoutest .38 + P loads" are we talking 38-44 HD type loads?

From Clements website....

".38 handloads: 125 gr. bullet to 1200+ fps, 158 gr. to 1150+, 180 gr. to 1100+ "

These numbers are for the six shot conversions.....this gun is stronger...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Latest posts