SP101 22LR returned from Ruger Service

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tom M

Bearcat
I had sent my new SP101 in for correction of various cosmetic issues, and to have the cylinder charge holes rebored to all the same diameter. Got the gun back, with all work performed, as well as a taller rear sight blade, which I had not requested.

I had the original sight cranked up pretty far, but I attributed it to my poor eyesight. Anyone else have rear sight problems? The new blade is noticeably taller than the original. We'll see how she shoots next Friday. I don't anticipate any problems.

KLR650

Bearcat
Well let us know how it does, I am interested to know. I had one of the older ones years ago. It wasn't accurate with anything but CCI Green Tag ammo. And after about 70 to 75 rounds the cyclinder would lock up because of debri under the extractor star. I would clean the gun and then it was good for about another 70 to 75 rounds. I sold the gun. Read alot of complaints about the older version and am seeing alot of complaints about the newer ones too. But no problems with my single six!

mattsbox99

Hunter
I've had to adjust my rear sight up higher than I'd like it to be too.

I'd rather have a shorter front sight (with F/O) than a taller rear sight.

Other than that, the Wolff spring kit has made the trigger a lot better and accuracy is very good DA, not as good SA, but I have MKIIIs to shoot for extreme accuracy anyway.