SPF: Ultra-Rare .327 Federal Blackhawk 8 shot stainless 5.5"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
These .327 Federal Magnum Blackhawks were a very short run in 2009 and maybe early 2010. Fired case for this one is dated 12/22/2009. It is not known exactly how many were made but the unpublished RENE estimate is about 200, and Chad will be getting a more refined figure as time goes by. They were numbered in the same 38- prefix as the .357 Blackhawks, to include the limited runs of stainless .357 convertibles being made at the same time, so the .327 numbers are not in one continuous group but they are all in the lower end of the suffix range. Eight shot revolver in stainless with 5.5" barrel. I am fairly certain that there were no other barrel lengths made. Condition is like new with just a bit of soot on the face of the cylinder, possibly only from factory test firing, and it looks like one chamber was not fired. Has the box, baggie, fired case, and some papers but not the manual (from the same collection I have sold others from where the guy kept his manuals separate from the guns, then when the estate was sold they didn't reconnect). Newport rollmark on bottom of barrel. You don't see these every day!

SPF $1500 shipped FFL to FFL

QHyJslf.jpg

qBAVsLq.jpg

OfBH4AB.jpg

Bt3J4tQ.jpg

AEHyLPU.jpg

elnq45G.jpg

JB11bGK.jpg

s22Gbmh.jpg

b5f09XD.jpg

Z5CXWac.jpg

0BVwyLk.jpg

QpNETBz.jpg

VBbvbdq.jpg

bcelliott

Bearcat
I have one and it would be one of my last ones to be sold. Will handle as long and heavy of a load you can stuff into it. Great revolver.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Every time I see WMG's pictures I'm just taken by the perfection..... I finally decided to sign on and say:they are fabulous...
J

contender

Ruger Guru
This one caught my eye.
I have one exactly like this as far as I can tell. My box is marked KBN-3275 and my last portion of the serial number is a few thousand higher than this one. My factory letter states it was made in Aug 2010.
I would assume this one listed came from the FIRST run of this model.

But, like Dick, these are GREAT guns,, and I wouldn't part with mine for $1500,, even used as it is,,! Someone better snag this one quickly!

Don Lovel

Hunter
When these came out I tried to get Hamilton Bowen to make me a Birdshead grip and 3 1/2" barrel out of one. He said he would have to get Powers Custom to cast him a grip frame to fit the 8 shot setup. They wanted about $2500 since it had to be a new casting. Hamilton was real nice, told me he thought it would have been a very cool project and good luck. When I found that out, I hesitated, the new one I was going to use for the project sold, no others ever came available. When I saw this one here, the fact that I still do not have my stimulus in my hand when it posted here, I was just face in palms as I would have bought it last night. Oh Well.

contender

Ruger Guru
Dick got another NICE one! KUDOS!

Folks, to those who saw my first posting about the model info,, I made a mistake. My written records showed something different than the actual box markings & factory letter. This posting for sale made me research things & realize I'd made a TYPO in MY records. My apologies to anybody I may have confused!

toroflow

Single-Sixer
Only 200 of them?!?! Wow, I bought mine back when they were $400 or so...didn't know they were THAT rare! Guess I'll keep to shooting my Single Seven instead!

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I knew that I had had 3 of these go through my hands, and just now searched my log.

I kept one, 38-004xx
This one is 38-009xx
And I had 38-022xx

I looked up all 3 SNs on the Ruger site and all 3 show they shipped in 2010, but the Ruger site doesn't specify month. Clearly this one was actually made in 2009 based on the fired case date, but just barely 2009.

Like I said, there were a lot of .357 Mag guns with the 38- prefix interspersed in the range. I even see that I had a 38- prefix .45 convertible go through here, and a pair of 10mm x 40S&W Blackhawks. So Ruger's old process of reserving a prefix for one caliber is long done (and was done well before this when they started numbering .41 Mags in the .45 cal range decades ago).

So my guess is still that there was only one run of the .327 Fed Blackhawk.

Whether there were more than 200, I can't say, but Chad is working on getting a more accurate count. When I got this one, I asked him if he knew how many were made and I said I thought it was just a few hundred (like less than 500) and he told me that it he thought it was even less than that, possibly either side of 200.

I got the 022xx gun first in Jan 2015 and thought I was lucky to find it, then stumbled onto the 004xx in July 2015. Decided to keep the lower numbered 004xx, so sold the 022xx gun in Sep 2015 here on the forum.

toroflow

Single-Sixer
5532JWK said:
Keep shooting that Blackhawk too. You will never hurt it.

True, some bullets are too long for the Single-7!

My 327 Blackhawk # is 38-07378 for anyone collecting serial #s (like they do on the 357 Maximums).

32shooter

Blackhawk
My Pinto model .327 has a date of Mar. 2013 on the fired case envelope. Ser. #38-23976. May have been some cleanup guns, not sure how many were made.

dad45

Single-Sixer
WMG your 004xx might be very early, the Ruger advertisement from then pictured 38-00372, I own 007xx for reference

gunsbam69

Hunter
5532JWK said:

X2

I have one I'm about done converting to Bisley SN 38-00515 fired shell date 12-8-2009 in case that helps any with the records end.

Don Lovel

Hunter
gunsbam69 said:
5532JWK said:

X2

I have one I'm about done converting to Bisley SN 38-00515 fired shell date 12-8-2009 in case that helps any with the records end.

I look forward to seeing the completed project, drove me nuts thinking about it again, these guns come available and I am too dead broke to grab one. Ha Ha, silly me, I thought for a fleeting moment that one day I could own a cool customized 8 shot 327 revolver and a lever action carbine in 327 too, Ha ha ha ahaha aaa uuuugh

Status
Not open for further replies.