Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 40 S&W

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 357 SIG

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
I wouldn't mind one in .40 Smiff'nWishin. I've always had good results when handloading this round.

Would rather have it than a 9mm. Nothing against 9mm, the 40 S&W brass is easier to manipulate when reloading than the little 9's.

But 9mm and/or .40 S&W is good by me!! 8)

See no need for the others. But if they trip yer trigger, I'm all for that, too!!! 8)

Cherokee

Single-Sixer
The question: "...what cartridge would be your alternative choice in a 1911 ?

My alternative is Super 38, but I'm sure the 9mm would be more popular, maybe 40 S&W.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
.40 S&W would be mine...got a boat load of LEO buddies that keep me supplied with good brass and occasionally an entire box of fresh factory duty rounds. I've got a Colt Series 80 Gold Cup Elite (try saying that 10x), which does well with selected hand loads, but it's a collectors item and I'm hesitant to tinker with its innards. The Ruger would allow me that without messing with the value down the line. Here's a Pic of the two toned Colt. A pretty gun, if you like that gaudy two-toned look....stainless lower with the blued upper...

Regards, Rod

GoldCupElite40.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz said:
The Chicago transit cops adopted it some years back, their reasoning was that it could easily shoot thru a train seat or rail car door and still be lethal to the subject behind that object.

That also meant that it could shoot through a perp and easily be lethal to the granny or little kid behind the perp .... IDIOTS .... but what else would you expect out of chicago ??

REV

Amsdorf

Bearcat
St. John Moses Browning designed the .45 ACP and designed the perfect platform for it: the 1911.

If you want to shoot 9mm or 10mm or .22

Go find another platform.

Do not pollute perfection.

gunman42782

Hunter
10mm. I have always wanted one. I know it would not have been a super huge seller, but I always wished Ruger would have came out with a P series gun in 10mm, something along the lines of the P90, but in 10mm. A 1911 in that caliber would be even better!

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
toysoldier said:
The .357sig has always struck me as a no-brainer choice for serious social work, but it's hard to find, and choices are limited.

Another caliber that answered a question that no one asked ....

9MM and 10MM are the obvious choices. I have to admit, if Ruger put this gun out in 9MM, I'd be the FIRST one at my gun dealer pre-ordering it, and I'm NEVER the first one at my gun dealer pre-ordering a brand new model. EVER.

REV

Count me in for the 9MM too.....

khutch

Bearcat
3leggeddog said:
revhigh said:
9MM and 10MM are the obvious choices. I have to admit, if Ruger put this gun out in 9MM, I'd be the FIRST one at my gun dealer pre-ordering it, and I'm NEVER the first one at my gun dealer pre-ordering a brand new model. EVER.

REV

Count me in for the 9MM too.....

I've said it before but me three! If it would make the purists happy because the latter is a "legitimate 1911 caliber" I wouldn't mind a convertible 9mm/38 Super model either. To me it is a gun, not a religion, so straight 9mm would be fine too. There is no pollution of a sacred principle in offering a 1911 in 9mm. The fact that 1911s are still made today in whatever caliber is a testament to the skill of the designer and well made examples of the breed in any caliber do not pollute his legacy, they honor it.

Ken

t-reg

Single-Sixer
I'd like to have one in .40 S&W.

.40 S&W and 9mm, both versions will be money in the bank for Ruger. I bet we see 'em both rather soon.