SR1911 problem + customer service = A+

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HarleyJ

Bearcat
I've become a fan of the SR1911. My first three are perfect, but..

I purchased my latest SR1911 CMD Lightweight back in March. The first outing there were no problems. While cleaning it, I noticed the front interior left side of the frame was rubbing the front lower left exterior side of the slide. I gave it a few file strokes inside the frame, in case of a burr, and some extra lube in the area. Thought I was good.

Another range trip and it shot a good group (slightly to left) but after around 20 rounds, the slide would not fully return. Almost, but not quite. After a few malfunctions like this, I saw a 1/4" mark on the front lower left side of the slide where it was hanging up. It was not just rubbing, it was a hard contact. The slide appeared to be canted to the left.

Oct 5: -I contacted customer service. Nice lady emailed me a return label while we were on the phone.
Oct 10: -Figured I'd wait until after the holiday weekend to send it. Dropped it off at FedEx, no problems.
Oct 16: -Email from Ruger that they received the pistol.
Oct 20: -Email from FedEx stating it's on the way.
Oct 24: -It arrived home.
Returned.JPG

Work order says-"Replaced slide assembly, fired 7 rounds"
Slide assembly? Yip-everything, including sights-all new.

Gave it a good cleaning and it's smooth. I dabbed some grease on the frame to see if any contact-nothing on either side. Put the normal shoes back on for a glamour shot...
RugerCMDgroup2.JPG

Range trip tomorrow.

TLDR; Ruger is still A+ for customer service.

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
Ruger gets an A+ for their customer service , recently had issues with a mag on a ruger ranch rifle not feeding correctly . Called cust. Service and several days later new mag free ! 😊

Latest posts