SRH WOOD GRIPS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

J. Yuma

Bearcat
Any recommendations for wooden grips for the Super Red Hawk?
I believe GP100 grips fit, but not sure about that.

I'm normally about function over form, but the rubber grip thing, I dunno 🤔

contender

Ruger Guru
My memory is a bit fuzzy about the interchangeability of the grips for the GP-100 & the Super Redhawk but I do believe they use the same grips. I could be wrong.

I use rubber grips on the Super Redhawk I own,, because they do have a better "function" over form. That .480 Ruger has a pretty good recoil. Not bad,, but more than other guns.

I'm no help because I do use Rubber.

NikA

Buckeye
GP grips fit the SRH. Some decent GP options out of the cottage industry in Thailand, as well as typical options like Hogue, etc.

My personal preference is to use rubber grips on hard recoiling guns, so I can't speak to how well anything wood would function on a SRH.

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
I had a set of checkered walnut from Hogue. A bit thin for my hands, but they were comfortable to shoot and worked out well for me. Mine were the finger grip ones, but in the future I would probably go with the single finger grip or even the non-finger gripped ones.

Yes, the SRH and the GP-100 have the same "grip frame/stud" so you should be able to find a pretty good selection of grips for your SRH from the grip makers. I do agree with Contender with the rubber grips for the big calibers, just makes the gun nicer to shoot.'