Stolen Kia

Help Support Ruger Forum:

s4s4u

Hunter
What I'd really like to know is......What kind of an idiot would risk jail for stealing a KIA?

DGW

Maybe he just needed a ride? There was one stolen from a small town near me that was recovered in another larger city about 2 hours away with a note on the windshield. "Thanks for the ride, I put gas in the tank"

KIA's aren't the only vehicle make with issues that have been identified and not corrected. My Tacoma has a fob. The for and the vehicle are constantly querying one another. You can hijack the signal from the fob, clone it creating another fob. Now they have the same access to the vehicle as the owner does.

Now you can either disable the fob or put it in a faraday bag. But you have to remember to do these things. And if you forget tuff luck.

I dislike the fob. I bought a 2023 Chevy Silverado WT (base model). The stupid thing has a fob. Takes up more room on a keychain and offers less security and durability than a key. There's no keyhole for the ignition. No lock on the steering column. Just a starter button. Idiotic.

I've always heard and read the Hundai (spelling) are very easy to steal. But I don't think it's because of the key fob.

German cars have key fobs and they are notoriously hard to steal. Or so I've been told?

"Other frequently stolen 2020-22 models included luxury vehicles made by BMW, Infiniti and Land Rover and three large pickups with powerful engines."