WTB Table cloth like this

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JAYDAWG

Single-Sixer
This is the front/rear cover of Gun Journal November 1995.
I am looking for the table cloth the guns are pictured sitting on.
Hoping to do a display...........
Thanks for any help or leads.

Cheers,
JAYDAWG
20230117_135707.jpg

JAYDAWG

Single-Sixer
I've never seen any tablecloth like that. Are you sure it's a table cloth & not just a photo-shopped picture?

No, I'm not sure.
I am guessing at table cloth.
The magazine is from 1995 so, not sure about photo-shopped.
Another member thought it might be a poster or banner?
Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me........

JAYDAWG

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Looks like a book sleeve...
Front and back of the magazine judging from the curvature. Also notice the spine and some of the lettering crosses on top of a couple of the guns, etc. And the finger at the bottom of the spine. Definitely not a table cloth, just the artwork the printer came up with.

Last edited:

thor's daddy

Bearcat
That background is nothing more than a large format print. I used to run a color printer capable of 4-foot wide prints on a daily basis when I worked in newspapers (I'll let you young kids look up what newspapers were). I printed custom-designed wrapping paper on it once (for my kid's birthday).

As a side note, custom printed tablecloths (and/or table runners) are a thing...

Several of you are missing the forest for the trees…

Reread JAYDAWG's original post.

Yes, the photo shows printed material- he gives us the publication name, and issue.

As he states, he is looking for the "tablecloth" that's in the background of the photo that's on the magazine cover he shows.

You know, the thing that has the Ruger logos printed on it… 😂
——
RF member "thor's daddy" understands the question, and has one plausible explantion. 👍

JAYDAWG

Single-Sixer
Several of you are missing the forest for the trees…

Reread JAYDAWG's original post.

Yes, the photo shows printed material- he gives us the publication name, and issue.

As he states, he is looking for the "tablecloth" that's in the background of the photo that's on the magazine cover he shows.

You know, the thing that has the Ruger logos printed on it… 😂
——
RF member "thor's daddy" understands the question, and has one plausible explantion. 👍

Yes sir! Thank you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thor's daddy,
I think you are on to something.
My wife told me I could have a table cloth made and it's starting to look like that
is the direction I will need to go.
Thanks for the input.

Cheers,
JAYDAWG

Last edited:

KWend54

Single-Sixer
IMG_6305.jpeg
I ordered this one from a table cover specialty site they had fast turn around, reasonably priced and you can send them logos and they will place them anywhere, or any size and colors you want for table cloth and logos. It's fitted and you have lots of choices.

32shooter

Blackhawk
Here is a company that makes some.

thor's daddy

Bearcat
Yes sir! Thank you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thor's daddy,
I think you are on to something.
My wife told me I could have a table cloth made and it's starting to look like that
is the direction I will need to go.
Thanks for the input.

You can get one made, easy-peasy, but the one thing you CAN'T do, is sell a custom printed tablecloth. That's when you'd start to run afoul of copyright (just FYI).

I'm somewhat surprised that these aren't already a "thing" with the collectors/showmen in our midst. Designing for these would be crazy fun.

That background is nothing more than a large format print. I used to run a color printer capable of 4-foot wide prints on a daily basis when I worked in newspapers (I'll let you young kids look up what newspapers were). I printed custom-designed wrapping paper on it once (for my kid's birthday).

As a side note, custom printed tablecloths (and/or table runners) are a thing...
Funny, I used to work at a place that made large format color printers - LaserMaster. Was it one of those by any chance?

Dan in MI

Staff member

My thoughts as soon as I looked at it.

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
Ruger, or someone, is missing a good opportunity: large prints, mats, coverings, posters, etc., which show their firearms in historical context.

Think of one showing their semiauto pistols starting with the Mk I. Another showing single-action revolvers, another showing the Ruger No.1's, another showing bolt action rifles, etc.

Sadly, I have only a few Ruger catalogs from the early 2000's, but they're enjoyable to look at. I wonder if Ruger even makes a hardcopy catalog now.

contender

Ruger Guru
Many of us who display,, are members of ROCS. We have ROCS table covers,, and our displays are easily seen & enjoyed by many.
And there are also custom designed ones out there.

Ruger has made some table covers for various purposes over the decades. Some of the factory early ones are collectable to memorabilia collectors.

And lastly; "I have only a few Ruger catalogs from the early 2000's, but they're enjoyable to look at. I wonder if Ruger even makes a hardcopy catalog now."

Nope,, no hard copy catalogs in a few years now. I think 2019 was the last year. But having almost all of them from 1949-2019 does make for some enjoyable reading & study!

Latest posts