The Army is getting a new tank

Help Support Ruger Forum:

black1970

Blackhawk
The catch pan has been a thing for about 20 years. Whenever you park a military vehicle it must have a catch can under it as per the order long ago. BTW our 8 inch self propelled guns had 8V71 TA's.

mrs50sls56

Bearcat
I was an 11E40 in the early 1970s. At that time (late VN) Lawson Antitank Weapons (et.al.) were capable of defeating armor from the ground. Laser and wire guided air weapons were capable to 12+/- miles. And, the armor isn't there to protect Infantry; Infantry is there to protect the Armor.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Yeah, seems like tanks are obsolete. If we've noticed this, how can it be that the mil industrial complex hasn't?
🤔
Military leaders are often oblivious to the winds of war changes. For example, look how long it took for the powers that be on the battlefield to understand the insanity of infantry full frontal assaults against the new weapon of war, the machine gun.
We can only hope that our Mil has some new antitank countermeasures that are or soon will be operational.

Enigma

Hunter
The things sticking out the front are smoke grenade launchers. They've been on armored vehicles for 40+ years now. They used to be an add-on, looks like they're OEM equipment now. You 'pop smoke' when you're departing a position, generally under fire. The WP-generated smoke is intended to blind the enemy - as long as they don't have thermal imaging capability.

Ordguy

Single-Sixer
Tubes on the front are launchers for red phosphorus screening smoke grenades.
Uhhh, not "red" or phosphorus. They are smoke grenade launchers typically for white smoke which is HC. Also used for ATWESS during Force on Force training. ATWESS is a TOW missile simulator. I've received, stored, and issued a lot of pyrotechnics in the Army. Red smoke included, never any red phosphorus though, only white, aka WP (willie peter).

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
Follow the money. Is a member of the Biden family on the Board of the corporation that will be given the contract to build this tank?
Good thinking! If it's not Biden himself, it'll be SOMEBODY important in the Deep State--maybe McConnell or one of his cronies, maybe Nasty Pelosi, maybe Adam Schiff, who knows?

It's an interesting enough question that I'm gonna look into it. ;)

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
Good thinking! If it's not Biden himself, it'll be SOMEBODY important in the Deep State--maybe McConnell or one of his cronies, maybe Nasty Pelosi, maybe Adam Schiff, who knows?

It's an interesting enough question that I'm gonna look into it. ;)
Okay, this new "tank" is a product of General Dynamics Land Systems, a division of General Dynamics.

The Board of Directors of General Dynamics consists of:
  • Phebe Novakovic
  • James Crown
  • Rudy DeLeon
  • Cecil Haney
  • Mark Malcolm
  • James Mattis
  • C. Howard Nye
  • Catherine Reynolds
  • Laura Schumacher
  • Robert Steel
  • John Stratton
  • Peter Wall
I don't recognize any elected representatives on this list; but I don't know every congressman's name. Feel free to run your own check on these people.

Only name on the list I recognize is James Mattis, who once served as President Trump's Secretary of Defense and resigned, supposedly over some sort of "policy differences" with President Trump. Here's an article about his resignation from The Atlantic magazine, which is NOT a "right-wing" publication. Smells like at least a minor case of TDS to me. :oops:

Latest posts