The warning label

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TRanger

Blackhawk
First, I'd like to say I very much appreciate the fact Ruger has begun stamping the warning label on the bottom of the barrel on their single-actions rather that the side. This improves their appearance greatly.
I'm wondering if any other manufacturer feels the need to routinely stamp a warning label into the gun itself. I know some S&W and FN autos have something to the effect of "will fire with magazine removed" on them. But I can't recall anyone else who does this. Winchester doesn't. Colt doesn't. Springfield doesn't. I can't remember seeing a Remington with a warning. Does anyone know of one?

eveled

Hawkeye
I thought all new guns have the warning. My Walther PPS does, but it is no where near as large as the warning on a Ruger. Ed

TRanger

Blackhawk
TiteGroups said:
Keep in mind old model and new model revolvers and why that is.

Yes, I understand Ruger's efforts to cover themselves liability-wise. And I don't blame them. But I note Colt and US Firearms still offer traditional single-actions for sale and neither stamps any kind of warning on them. (Yet. Thank God.) I just don't see other manufacturers going to such lengths. Was wondering if any do.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
TRanger said:
TiteGroups said:
Keep in mind old model and new model revolvers and why that is.

Yes, I understand Ruger's efforts to cover themselves liability-wise. And I don't blame them. But I note Colt and US Firearms still offer traditional single-actions for sale and neither stamps any kind of warning on them. (Yet. Thank God.) I just don't see other manufacturers going to such lengths. Was wondering if any do.

None have been such a target for litigation as has Ruger. Their standard budget line item each year is over a million dollars for litigation/settlements.
It's primarily because their products out sell other manufacturers by the millions,
their prices are way below others with similar products prone to liability which puts them in the hands of less knowledgeable gun buyers,
finally and most of all, they have the 'deepest pockets' of firearms manufacturers.

eveled

Hawkeye
Both my Beretta 92's have warnings. My Walther PPS has a warning. My kids RedRyder has a warning. My Beeman air gun has a warning. So it is not just Ruger.

My Remington. R1 does not.

The rest are either Rugers or are older. The warnings on the Rugers are by far the biggest and most noticeable of all of them, other than the bb guns.

It does not. other me either way when I am shooting them I can't even see the warnings.

montegomx70

Single-Sixer
somehow colt colt has managed to stay away from the barrel warnings,
if you read the SAA instruction manual,it warns you not to even turn the
cylinder or it will ruin the collectors value.