Tyler Gun Work Ronnie Wells Featherweight Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Picked up my TGW RW Featherweight vaquero this afternoon. Im impressed with it. The aluminum grip frame makes a significant weight shift compared to standard stainless. This gun really puts TGW in the spotlight. It came with a special Barranti Outfitter holster. Im excited to see what they do next. It has an incredible feel in hand. Im really glad to have it. Welcome to my 45 Colt Vaquero squad.
TGW has a lot of neat guns listed on their website. Tylergunworks.com go check them out. I like supporting these homegrown American businesses, especially when they are from Texas.

Ronnie Wells is doing excellent grip frame, hammers, sights and custom work in Houston. Check him out. https://rwgripframes-com.3dcartstores.com/

Mike Barranti is the best holster expert.

20240327_182450.jpg
20240327_182617.jpg
20240327_182523.jpg
20240327_182824.jpg

Shot the featherweight this morning. Its an excellent gun. Did a vaquero day. All 45 Colt.The RW grip frame is probably the best new thing in the single action world. View attachment 42897
Gotta love the grip frames from Ronnie. I couldn't get a good grip without them!. I've got 3 coming this next week…

Randy Statton.jpeg

Nice. What is the middle profile? Looks like a bisley grip but regular top portion. Which hammer will it get?
The middle is a "Dealer". It's a melding of a couple grip styles. It is seriously one of the best feeling grips for my hands. It's got a Bisley sized trigger guard for a Bisley trigger, and I'll use a Super Blackhawk hammer. The grips are Cocobolo. It will be going on my NM .44 Spcl 4 5/8" Flat Top. It won't be as light as yours, but it should come in close.

The middle is a "Dealer". It's a melding of a couple grip styles. It is seriously one of the best feeling grips for my hands. It's got a Bisley sized trigger guard for a Bisley trigger, and I'll use a Super Blackhawk hammer. The grips are Cocobolo. It will be going on my NM .44 Spcl 4 5/8" Flat Top. It won't be as light as yours, but it should come in close.
That sounds great. A blackhawk done with similar features to my vaquero would be a sweet build.

The more I shoot this TGW Featherweight, the more I like it. Bobby and Ronnie really knocked it out of the park. I like using these pancake holsters made by an old saddle maker who lives near me. I have several in different lengths. This shorter one has been my least used but have carrying it a lot lately. The lightweight gun really makes a pleasurable day. My Horvath LilRuger weighs 3 lbs loaded with 280gr penta hp 270 saa bullets. It is not lightweight with ss grip frame. It is larger frame gun. The TGW vaquero weighs 2.5lb loaded the same. It makes a huge difference. I do like the short round butt grip on the Horvath for concealing but I typically dont hide them. The modified no5/bisley feels more like a square butt S&W N frame and is great in hand. I will say the heavier gun stays on target easier for me but the weight is a good trade off.
20240419_120134_copy_1849x1387.jpg
20240419_082039_copy_979x1305.jpg
20240419_082134_copy_979x1305.jpg

Last edited: