Updated my off duty sidearm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pawncop

Blackhawk
When I retired from my agency in 2019, I continued to qualify with the two sidearms I had as my primary off duty weapons, my Glock model 32 (357 Sig) and my Sig P365 (9 mm). I really like my Glock but finding ammo has been difficult and expensive.
I acquired a Glock model 30 (45 ACP), 10 round capacity and qualified with it yesterday. I will carry it with Critical Defense rounds due to the shorter barrel and it came with three magazines. I will need to get a suitable holster and magazine holders.
I did qualify with the others in case this doesn't work out.

Seems like I tried to shoot one of the 1st or 2nd generation 30's a friend had many years ago and could not hit the side of a barn with it.... but I am sure that it was me. Not being a fan of Glock I will say my main reason is I'm not comfortable with the 'average' gun owner carrying one but for someone who is trained to it is probably a good choice. I think I will be having to actually supervise a few Glock shooters in a few weeks.

I fired a GLock 30 back in December with factory 230 fmjs. Recoil was a handful for me, but I did shoot it ok. I do a lot better with the larger S&W .45 shield. Mainly because of the slighty longer frame.

87flht

Single-Sixer
Seems like I tried to shoot one of the 1st or 2nd generation 30's a friend had many years ago and could not hit the side of a barn with it.... but I am sure that it was me. Not being a fan of Glock I will say my main reason is I'm not comfortable with the 'average' gun owner carrying one but for someone who is trained to it is probably a good choice. I think I will be having to actually supervise a few Glock shooters in a few weeks.
Why not comfortable with people and glocks ? I don't know anything about them but seems like negligent discharge is common though I don't know why

Why not comfortable with people and glocks ? I don't know anything about them but seems like negligent discharge is common though I don't know why
You mean like the cop giving a gun safety lecture to a bunch of school kids and failed to properly clear the weapon. And then shot himself.

And he was the only one in the room "qualified" to handle a Glock 40.

Latest posts