Well that oughta do it

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
Being that Alliant powder is becoming scarcer, I decided to spring for 8#'s of Bullseye. Those who use it know a pound goes a long way, so 8#'s goes a really long way 😬

If nothing else I can barter a pound for a pound of other powders.

↓ That is a lotta Bullseye!

1719419921416.png

Yeah, back during the China virus I stumbled across an 8 pound jug of Titegroup at list price. Now, that's more than I would use in my lifetime (I use a lot more 231, Bullseye & Unique than Titegroup), but I figured a shooting buddy would want half, so I bought it. Guess what? He wasn't interested in any of it (let alone half). After thinking about it for a while, I brought it in to my favorite FFL, still factory sealed, and he took it off my hands for what I had in it.

Eight pounds is a lot of fast powder! But it's also likely to go up in price, so not a bad investment! (Kind of wishing I had kept that big jug of Titegroup!)

As always IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc.
:)

Cholo

Staff member
But what will ya do after you've loaded the 14 thousandth round & the jug is empty? :cool:
I guess I'll have to tap in to my other 3#'s LOL

But it's also likely to go up in price, so not a bad investment!
My understand is what dealers currently have on their shelves will be all there is for a long while, or forever. Alliant powders seem to be running out.

Latest posts