What are your favorite grips?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Single-action: ebony (and thicker than most), cocobolo, or ironwood

Double-action: S&W N-frame prefer the old large stock target grips

Redhawk: Nill grips, but Hogue Bantam or Pachmayr okay as long as looks don't matter but shooting comfort does

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
I honestly bought my first GP100 because I thought the grips looked cool

I also think both the full size and compact Letts work the best for actual shooting for me for GP100s

20230605_192302.jpg

caryc

Hawkeye
P.S. If my memory serves (my memory has been tricking me lately) A skilled grip maker posted a picture of a set of grips made out of fur.
Now THAT would be an awesome EDC.
You may be thinking about my Fuzzy Grip line. Unfortunately I had to shut down my Fuzzy Grip line. People in my neighborhood started complaining about their cats disappearing.

EkCcWGj.jpg

caryc

Hawkeye
My favorite were the carved ivory with rubies I that came with my 1901 Colt Bisley in 41 LC.

View attachment 21696

On my OM Blackhawk, I favor a pair of smooth moose antler by Executioner (Patrick Grashorn) that match my Yukon Skinner by Randall.
Very cool. But, I'd be afraid to shoot with them. I would not like to lose one of those rubies. Where would you get another?

WV460hunter

Single-Sixer
You may be thinking about my Fuzzy Grip line. Unfortunately I had to shut down my Fuzzy Grip line. People in my neighborhood started complaining about their cats disappearing.

EkCcWGj.jpg
Seems when you shoot that hog leg the hair would be pushed backwards from the roll up. Seems they should have been made with the hair going up.
I dont know about you but was always told .If you comb a cats hair backwards you'll get bit.😂

Last edited:

41Dude

Single-Sixer

EkCcWGj.jpg
Lol. Darn cats. Those are the grips I remember. Good for a cold day at the range.
Pretty background wood.

Chad at Chig's has made several sets for me. Two of his recent are this Desert Ironwood Burl:
IMG_8424.jpeg

IMG_8423.jpeg

Also this stabilized Mango:

IMG_8544.jpeg

Both of these grips look about a foot deep in the sunlight. The Mango especially dances as you move it. But that Ironwood is my favorite so far. I'm tho king the Mango would look great on a stainless gun…

WV460hunter

Single-Sixer
No picture cause it would be silly but, I have always preferred alot of the rubber grips found on GP100's and Super Redhawks and Blackhawks .
I like my revolvers to move minimally.
Bob Munden used to shave down his ivory or micarda grips till the back strap was a little prominent then he would file and cut a pattern innthe Back strap on his grips to keep the revolver from moving or at least keeping it more on target.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Bob Munden used to shave down his ivory or micarda grips till the back strap was a little prominent then he would file and cut a pattern innthe Back strap on his grips to keep the revolver from moving or at least keeping it more on target.
I have toyed with having designs cut into backstraps. Did not notice much difference in grip movement ,,,,, but I did enjoy the bling.

MVC-876F.jpg