What goes around................

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
A couple of weeks ago I was going in a Home Depot for some items when I passed a man loading some home repair items kinto the bed of his pick up. One item yet to be loaded was a 4x8' panel of sheetrock. He was by himself and ther was no way he was going to get that panel loaded without harm. So, I offered to help him. And between the two of us we got it loaded into his trjuck without harm. He thanked me very graciously and we both went onour ways. I felt kind of good, being able to help my fellow man.

This morning I was at Home Depot and had bought three bags of hardwood mulch. They are heavy, but even worse, they are limp, like handling a man wh is dead drunk. I mean, there is no way to get a grip, and they sort of tend to flop around. But I had loaded two without aid, and was kind of getting my second wind, when a man said, "Here, let me give you a hand." And he effortlessly loaded the third bag for me.

You'll never convince me that it was not God's hand this morning.

Bob Wright

Bob, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy! You put goodness out and it comes back. I believe in the 1440 minute rule. There are 1440 minutes in a day and every one is a chance to make a difference. Sometimes it's just exchanging pleasantries or other times it's to give help to someone. I talk with a lot of people and hopefully brighten their day.

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
A while back I was driving down the road in Billings and there was a pickup with a trailer ahead with flashers on. As I got closer I saw the predicament that the gentleman was in, he was probably in his mid to late 70s and the bafoon at Home Depot had loaded two pallets of paver stones incorrectly and they were all over the road and trailer. I stopped behind him and started helping him as cars passed by. A young man with a wife and baby stopped and backed up. He jumped out of his truck and helped me get the trailer loaded and strapped down properly for the rest of the trip. I was really surprised that he stopped to help, you just don't see it much anymore. The gentleman offered to pay us, we both thanked him but declined any payment. I told him I got my payment helping him out and seeing the young man stop to help. Sad that you don't see a man hold a door for a woman anymore and even worse to see a woman take offense when someone does.

I've figure the door thing out... I just hold it open for anyone who is coming in or going by and is close. For years I carried one of those star lug wrenches that have four different sizes for when I stopped to help change a tire.... then I broke down and bought a cordless 1/2" impact driver.... next came the 1/2 way decent air compressor... this is after the 2nd time I stopped to help and the person's spare was flat..... but then I carry around $18,000 worth of tools in my van... if you add in the evil assault rifle and pistol.

Latest posts