What shortage???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Ppl say there's a shortage of a lot of Rugers. Not so where I shop. :)

LCP 380 ACP W/ LASERMAX 95 in stock
P95PR 9MM BLUE 15 RD 93 in stock
LC9 9MM COMPACT 91 in stock
KSR45 45 ACP 4 1/2" STS 80 in stock
SR22 22 LR 3.5" 75 in stock
SR9C COMPACT STS 9MM 68 in stock
SR40 40 S&W 4.14" STS 15 RD 52 in stock
LCR 38 SPL+P MATTE HOGUE GRIP 38 in stock

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yeah ... it seems like plastic guns are pretty much all anybody has ... that and SA's.

Hardly any metal guns or DA revolvers anywhere.

Not ONE gun on that list that I have any interest in.

REV

Kevets

Bearcat
I say they're in short supply, but available if you look. What are the prices like there?

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Same at my store there seems to be a good supply of ruger types except for the LC9 which has been MIA in my area for at least 6 months.

My buddy behind the counter at my LGS knows I'm into Ruger's and pulled me aside last week to show me the 1911 commander that just came in. Anyway he broke it down like this, as far as the recent supply of guns.

He tells me there's a massive influx of first time shooters, and when they come in the door half are ready to spend real money. The gravitate to the well known brands, Glock's, Sig's ect, mostly. The other half wanna go as cheap as possible even sub 350 bucks. Its either or most times he explained and not that many know anything at all about Ruger semi auto's. And since the price point is between the two extremes he has an easier time keeping them in stock.

Buckhorn150

Bearcat
Not here shelves are empty.Not only at my local store but bass pro.When my local guy gets any pistols in gone same day,he cant even order me a sr45 till mid summer.Only gets what distributor sends him.

gc70

Bearcat
BlkHawk73 said:

That inventory list looks suspiciously like the inventory list on my LGS' website. Unless you saw pistol cases stacked on pallets, it may be that the list is what is currently available from the store's distributor(s) rather than what is actually on hand in the store.

hittman

Staff member
BlkHawk73 said:

So, whats the local price there for these?

We have one local store also that has several Rugers in stock. Semi's, LCR's, Williams Special Flattops, GP's, etc. Each about at MSRP as well.

revhigh

Hawkeye
hittman said:
BlkHawk73 said:

So, whats the local price there for these?

We have one local store also that has several Rugers in stock. Semi's, LCR's, Williams Special Flattops, GP's, etc. Each about at MSRP as well.

CDNN had these a month or so ago for about $329 from what I remember ..... could have been $349, but I don't recall it being more than that.

REV

GaryA

Single-Sixer
it may be that the list is what is currently available from the store's distributor(s) rather than what is actually on hand in the store.
That's what I thought also, reading it. That is a LOT of inventory for a retail store to have on hand at a time most dealers can't keep fully stocked. Or, the turnover in that store is enormous.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
gc70 said:
BlkHawk73 said:

That inventory list looks suspiciously like the inventory list on my LGS' website. Unless you saw pistol cases stacked on pallets, it may be that the list is what is currently available from the store's distributor(s) rather than what is actually on hand in the store.

Well, they happen to be their own distributor in a way. So these would be in hand.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
GaryA said:
it may be that the list is what is currently available from the store's distributor(s) rather than what is actually on hand in the store.
That's what I thought also, reading it. That is a LOT of inventory for a retail store to have on hand at a time most dealers can't keep fully stocked. Or, the turnover in that store is enormous.

They do a LOT of business. Before all this frenzy, they'd have thousands of used guns out. Heck, 60-80 used Rugers was the norm until recently. A standard 8' display counter full of just 1911's is always the norm as well. One of those shops everyone kinda dreams about and it's just a 45 minute drive away. 8)

GaryA

Single-Sixer
Wow, Blkhawk73. You're a lucky guy having a shop like that so close to you!

My LGS is a good one,indeed, but doesn't have the inventory like that.

Chad86

Bearcat
Not sure my lgs has that many but they do keep some sr9 and 40s and Lcp in stock. Can't get a 1911 under 1200. 1911 seem to be the hardest to find in my area