Which Vortex Scope

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I just bought a 10/22 and a new Vortex scope for it.
The model I bought is the Vortex 2x7 Crossfire II and I paid $130. I also noticed that Vortex sells a 2x7 scope for about $230 or about $100 more. Does anyone know the difference between the two.
The one I bought says it's specifically meant for .22LR rimfire rifles, whether this is true or not I don't really know. Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
You are probably looking at the Diamondback line vs the Crossfire line of scopes. Price difference just comes with the different tiers in quality. You will notice it for that $100. Without actually looking up the specs I'd say slightly better glass , more forgiving eye relief , etc. Wether or not it matters on your rifle depends on what you want to do with it.

I just bought it to do some plinking at 25 yards at an indoor range so I don't think it will have any noticeable difference. Unfortunately I live in Libbie Land, you know the place where guns sneak out in the middle of the night and commit crimes and some how illegal aliens are magically holding them but its okay because they are never put in jail but some scum bag like Soros will pay their $5 bail with a court date around the next time Haley's Comet will be visible in 2054. There used to be an outdoor range about 40 miles away but given the price of gas plus the tolls it was cheaper to buy a plinker in .22LR and go to my local range. I cut my teeth on a Remington Nylon in .22LR for the old geezers like me who remember the rifle I am referring to. A great rifle for about $75 and a brick of .22LR (500 rounds) was about $15. Too bad they don't make that rifle anymore, even though this is a Ruger website that was still a great rifle in its day.

Nylon 66 is a good rifle. My first and I still have it. I certain you'll like the Vortex on your 10-22.
There is a bit of difference between the rimfire and centerfire versions. The rimfire version has the parallax set for shorter range than the centerfire. This is only a factor if your eye isn't aligned with the centerline of the scope. Twenty five yards is really close but if that's what you have available, at least you do get to shoot.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Paid the same for my Crossfire 2 that my R/A 22 mag wears. Clearer glass than that Bass Pro Pursuit model I had earlier. Sure is tough to beat the handiness of those 10/22s. Best of luck with range work

SAC09

Bearcat
I have a leupold 2-7 freedom rimfire that is used quite a bit. Glass is pretty good, it's thrown around a lot and I've never had it off zero.