Wiley Clapp GP100 Questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Anybody here own one? If so, do you shoot it?

What are they bringing in your area?

Any thoughts on how the finish may hold up if you make one a shooter?

Has anyone seen one used for sale?

Bob R

Single-Sixer
My brother has one, and really likes it.
Price was around $650 for it from our local dealer.
Never seen a used one for sale.
A Blued version is listed, and should show up sooner or later.

My brother is concealed carrying his in a Lobo Model 1 Snap Loop Pancake holster.

We took his by to see Ron Power at Power Custom. Rod did a little tuning on it. I had no idea that you could get a GP100 that smooth.

No issues with the finish so far. I like the way it looks myself.

In my opinion it is about as good as it gets for an all round centerfire handgun.
With a 3" barrel it will conceal carry just fine in a quality holster. The older model compact Ruger grips will make the WC-GP100 carry even better.
You can shoot it in IDPA Matches, using Safariland Comp III speedloaders.
It has very good sights. The Novak front sight can be changed out to other styles, and heights to suit your needs. As they drift out, no need to send it off to get the sight changed. For concealed carry a Tritium Night Sight would not be a bad choice.
Being a 38/357 it will shoot shotshells just fine for trail carry, or around the farm.

It is one well rounded handgun in my opinion. For my general purpose centerfire handgun needs the Willy Clapp GP100 will cover several bases well with a single handgun.

Bob

reevolvers

Bearcat
Got one back in February and love it. I have shot it, and its a fabulous revolver. Finish has held up well, and still looks unfired . I have a standing order for the matte black version when available.

reevolvers

Bearcat
Got one back in February and love it. I have shot it, and its a fabulous revolver. Finish has helpful well, and still looks unfired . I have a standing order for the matte black version when available.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
RedlegM109A1 said:
What is a "Wily Clapp" GP100?
A special edition GP-100 for Talo. Note the Novak sights, 3" barrel, matte finish and the special grip panels.

WCGP-100.jpg

widgeon

Bearcat
Ordered one within a week of their announcement, made a big down payment, agreed to pay list price, and still haven't gotten one. Am thinking that Ruger may have made the full 2,000 and I am not going to get one. My gun dealer is going to get some bad word of mouth over this...

lfpiii

Blackhawk
I am sorry to say that all the stainless guns are gone. Davidson's only allocated these guns to special stocking dealers. Just because a dealer has ordered from Davidson's it does not allow him to order allocated guns.

My local dealer ordered six and they all sold before Christmass. He got $750 +tax. The blue verison is on hold and they might not be made. My dealer was not able to get an answer why from Davidson's.

The gun is a 3 inch GP-100 with the following custom features: polished and smoothed trigger pull, non factory springs, special grip inserts, rubber grip with checkering on the rear strap, Novak cut sights that can be replaced with any fixed 1911 sights and a illuminted front sight.

frogger

Bearcat
I have one. Yes, I shoot it. Yes, I love it. So far the finish is holding up very well. I gave $700 OTD for mine in mid-April.

Sigguy

Bearcat
I just picked up one of these today at the LGS. Seems like he had a few of them. Maybe Ruger is getting around to building more of them.

Can't wait to shoot it. This is my first new double action Ruger. I just can't warm up to the S&W lock, and the Ruger's seem to have better triggers in DA than I remember. For a semi-custom gun, I think it was a bargain at $670.