WSF Powder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

extex

Bearcat
A gun club friend has over 7 lbs of WSF for sale. Has anyone used it in revolver cartridges ? My manuals show it to have a burn rate between Unique and HS-6.

contender

Ruger Guru
I'm looking at a little older (than the current one) manual,, burn rate chart. Mine lists Unique,, then a little later,,(slower) HS-6,,, and a few powder AFTER HS-6,, Win WSF. But it's still faster than Longshot,,,!

Studying loading charts,, I found a few calibers that show data. .41 AE, 44-40. I only looked in the manual I have at my desk. But to be sure,, I'd contact Winchester about load data for your caliber(s) of choice. See what they say.

Seminole Wind

Bearcat
I've recently loaded 10 gr WSF in 44 mag cases with cast 240 HPGC from GT Bullets for 1140 fps. The group size is better than several other powders loaded to this same fps range. Start with a lower charge and work up.

I've loaded some 45 Colt 255 SWC with the same load but haven't shot them yet.

WSF has worked great for me with cast bullets in 45 acp and 10mm midrange loads. I first used WSF decades ago to load IPSC Major loads in 40 S&W. It is a very useful and overlooked powder.

Latest posts