WTB-stainless/synthetic Remington 700 in 6mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
Hello all,
I am looking for a Remington model 700 in 6mm. It needs to be stainless with a synthetic stock. I know these are hard to find, just hoping maybe somebody has one in the back of their safe that they might sell. I am only looking for a Remington model 700.

Thanks and take care, Mike

montana outfitters

Single-Sixer
never seen one anywhere and do a lot of shows each year........you might want to adjust your sights to .243 Win as 6mmRem has been dropped for years and years!!!!!!!

WoodyS

Single-Sixer
First Stop Guns in South Dakota has exactly what you are looking for..NIB for 649.00. Rem model 7 stainless/synthetic in 6mm. Seen it on Gunsamerica.com just now. Grab it quick!!!

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
There are a bunch of model 7s on Gunbroker right now in 6mm. All I have ever had is model 700s. What is the difference between the 7 and 700?

WoodyS

Single-Sixer
The only difference is the model 7 has a lighter contour barrel, which makes for a slightly lighter/handier package. They are quite nice, actually.

WoodyS

Single-Sixer
A 20" barrel is perfect for burning all of the powder in a small cartridge. Another 2" will not make any difference, really in a 6mm. I handload for a 243 and get great performance from a 20" bbl. and see little need for 22" or longer. The Model 7 is quite popular, for a reason.

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the information guys, I appreciate it. I think I will look a little longer for a 700 but if I can't find one I will try a model 7. Thanks again and take care, Mike.

wvjoetc

Single-Sixer
You could also build you one if you have an extra 700 short action your not using, then you could have exactly the way you want it. A lot of excellent barrel manufactures out there.