House of the Rising Sun!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearBiologist

Hunter
Nice surprise!! I've gotten a bug for the Blues lately. I saw that there was a1938 recording of the House of The Rising Sun by Roy Acuff. Well. I punched it up and there was, on the same You Tube page, a recording by Hank, Sr. FANTASTIC!!

VIDEO.SEARCH.YAHOO.COM
video.search.yahoo.com

KIR

Sparks, NV
Thanks, but I will stick to Eric Burdon & the Animals version.
As for the Blues on YT, I like " 10 Slow Blues Music Tracks", I also discovered Eilen Jewell "I Remember You" and Sea of Tears", Whiskey Blues, etc., etc., Etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

el caminero

Single-Sixer
Nice surprise!! I've gotten a bug for the Blues lately. I saw that there was a1938 recording of the House of The Rising Sun by Roy Acuff. Well. I punched it up and there was, on the same You Tube page, a recording by Hank, Sr. FANTASTIC!!

VIDEO.SEARCH.YAHOO.COM
video.search.yahoo.com

Hey, even ol ledbelly did one, but its the slightly newer animals cover that i hear the most.

VIDEO.SEARCH.YAHOO.COM
video.search.yahoo.com

el caminero

Single-Sixer
Did you know that "Amazing Grace" can be sung to the tune of "House of the Rising Sun"? Strange but true. ;)
Ive heard deck the halls done to war pigs, and frank and mel messing around with chicago and new york, new york, and a lot of confusion between werewolves and sweethome until the singing starts.

On the topic of oddball coverings....Frank Zappa doing "So Happy Together"

Nightwish covering Pink Floyd's " High Hopes"

Last edited:

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
... and a lot of confusion between werewolves and sweethome until the singing starts.
No confusion to me, I recognize both instantly. The third tune in this "trilogy" is Steve Miller's "Take the Money and Run." If you can play the piano riff from Werewolves, you can sit at the piano and do a long medley of all three. Amaze your friends! ;)

BearBiologist

Hunter

el caminero

Single-Sixer
No confusion to me, I recognize both instantly. The third tune in this "trilogy" is Steve Miller's "Take the Money and Run." If you can play the piano riff from Werewolves, you can sit at the piano and do a long medley of all three. Amaze your friends! ;)
Right on, its just not so inyaface as the other two.

Latest posts