Tandemkross 10/22 Trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have always used the trigger that came standard on my 10/22 rifles. I bought a few Tandemkross products that I like on my 10/22's and I feel they're worth the cost of the upgrades instead of the standard bolt, bolt release and charging handle and the upgraded pins that hold in the trigger group etc.. I have been Toying with the idea of upgrading the trigger on my 10/22 but never having upgraded the stock trigger and of course both triggers are single stage, has anyone else ever upgraded the trigger on their 10/22 and was it a Tandemkross product or another manufacturer and given this upgrade is in the neighborhood of $140 or more was it worth it. Any reply is appreciated.

I swapped out for the Ruger BX trigger on my takedown backpacker and love it. I recently picked up another 10/22 that I am still trying to decide what to do with, but if I keep it "stock-like", I'll be putting in the BX or possibly a Volquartsen. My son's stock 10/22 will get the BX.

Swapping out for the BX was easy, I can't imagine the others would be any more difficult.

9x19

Hunter
Most of mine have a Volquartsen target hammer in place of the original. Great product, in my guns.

gunzo

Hunter
I urge folks to take a look a Kidd Innovative Design 10/22 parts. Some consider some of their parts to be the best in the biz, triggers & barrels in particular.

For instance, a Kidd single stage trigger can be had with pulls down to 1.5# & it's cheaper at $285 vs. Vols 2.25# @ $296. Want to go all the way? Try Kidds 2 stage for $370 that is offered with pulls as low as 3 oz. for first stage plus 3 oz. for the let off.

I don't have any skin in this, but seems like every time 10/22 parts are brought up, Kidd is rarely mentioned. Yeah, a big jump in money from a BX or Tandemkross, but if stepping beyond those, Kidd is worth a look IMO.

Baxter6551

Bearcat
I put the Volquartsen trigger / hammer kit in my Tactical Target. Totally changed the gun. A pleasure to shoot. I'm going to check out the Tandemkross site for other parts like the pins.

I have always used the trigger that came standard on my 10/22 rifles. I bought a few Tandemkross products that I like on my 10/22's and I feel they're worth the cost of the upgrades instead of the standard bolt, bolt release and charging handle and the upgraded pins that hold in the trigger group etc.. I have been Toying with the idea of upgrading the trigger on my 10/22 but never having upgraded the stock trigger and of course both triggers are single stage, has anyone else ever upgraded the trigger on their 10/22 and was it a Tandemkross product or another manufacturer and given this upgrade is in the neighborhood of $140 or more was it worth it. Any reply is appreciated.
I put the Volquartsen trigger / hammer kit in my Tactical Target. Totally changed the gun. A pleasure to shoot. I'm going to check out the Tandemkross site for other parts like the pins.
Never having an aftermarket trigger in any of my 10/22's how is a quality aftermarket trigger different than the stock trigger. I've had occasion to change out stock AR15 triggers with 2 stage Gieselle triggers and in those cases just the overall quality made the trigger operation far better than the stock trigger. Is it pretty much similar to my experience, meaning that it's just not exactly something that can be described in detail but more like an overall experience versus the stock trigger.

contender

Ruger Guru
The OP has asked about the Tankemkross trigger. Not any others. Now,, it's ok to mention other stuff,, as it does give folks options.
I have fired (3) 10/22's with a TankemKross triggers in them. Plus,, I have used other parts made by them. They have all been an improvement in the way a firearm feels & works IN MY HANDS!

But I have also tried other brands,, and have an older well built aftermarket trigger assy in one of my 10/22's. From my experiences,, there are good options in the BX by Ruger, the Volquartsen, Kidd, & even a few others.
I just look at it like this; "A factory, mass produced firearm built with the masses of casual, not picky, shooters out there,, must be built to avoid potential liability issues that might come up.
But for people who desire a better shooting firearm,, then aftermarket options can enhance things quite often.

I recently mounted a scope & zeroed it for a guy,, and that gun had a HARD, STIFF,, and rough feeling trigger. It was a chore to make sure I held it still as I zeroed the scope. That trigger was extremely bad when compared to others I normally shoot.

Tankemkross makes good stuff, and in my opinion,, can make a 10/22 feel better when shooting.

has anyone else ever upgraded the trigger on their 10/22 and was it a Tandemkross product or another manufacturer and given this upgrade is in the neighborhood of $140 or more was it worth it. Any reply is appreciated.
@contender he did ask about other options. I was mostly commenting on the ease of replacing the trigger with the BX because that is all I am familiar with.
Never having an aftermarket trigger in any of my 10/22's how is a quality aftermarket trigger different than the stock trigger. I've had occasion to change out stock AR15 triggers with 2 stage Gieselle triggers and in those cases just the overall quality made the trigger operation far better than the stock trigger. Is it pretty much similar to my experience, meaning that it's just not exactly something that can be described in detail but more like an overall experience versus the stock trigger.
Aftermarket triggers for the 10/22 change the way it shoots quite a bit. It dramatically lessens the trigger pull. Is it necessary? No. Is it for everyone? No. Can you spend 10x what the 10/22 cost dialing it in to be an absolute tack driver? Yes.

JAYDAWG

Single-Sixer

I have used all of the above.
All are great.
Replacing the stock trigger on a 10-22 is by far the best upgrade you can make to the gun.

Cheers,
JaydaWg

In every case, I always replace the stock trigger group with an after market replacement, or the BX trigger from Ruger. To me it's the single best improvement on a stock 10/22.

I've used JARD, Volquartsen, and Kidd triggers on many of my 10/22's with wonderful results. The only trigger I've used with less than stellar results, was Brimstone. Others have had great results, so maybe mine was just a fluke.

And on lesser 10/22's, the BX, maybe not as great as the other triggers, is still a worthwhile improvement.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok,, I stand corrected. I guess my mind was on the Tankemkross products & failed to remember the part about others makers.

I'll go stand in the Dunce corner.

I had a BX trigger in the 10-22 that burned. It was an improvement. Have not tried any other brands.
I have to agree with Contender that mass produced firearms often lean toward product safety rather than precision. I guess they figure anyone expecting better performance will go with aftermarket parts at extra expense(hence the factory made BX trigger).

Latest posts