What Do You Do With Your Old Parts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
There are many upgrades you can make to a Ruger 10-22 whether it be for speed or accuracy. Over time I'll bet you all have a number of parts that you no longer need and are just laying around.

I found an old trigger group that's been lost in the garage for about 15 years the other day. My friend gave me a new 10-22 and it has a 6.5 pound trigger pull. My garage find had been tuned by me years ago before I put a 2 stage Kidd trigger in my build so I have the other kit.

Works out it's nice and has a 3 1/4 pound trigger. Not great but a big improvement.

I'm thinking I need a new barrel. The one on the rifle now is a Clark 16 inch .920 barrel and it's very heavy. Anyone have a light barrel that they'd like to donate to an old man with limited funds?

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
I want to keep the heavy barrel for when I'm ready to die. I want to give the gun back to my friend's daughter in the shape it was when he gave it to me.

Let me know about the barrels. Thanks.

I'm having a heck of a time finding the barrels. I thought they were in the boxes with the stocks- but I was wrong. I must have put them somewhere else. There's an off chance I sold them already too. I did a pretty big purge of stuff I haven't touched in years back a few. Sorry…

Snake45

Hawkeye
I've been down this very path so many times with 1911s that I had a cigar box full of castoff "stock" and "inferior" parts that had been on five or six different guns that I'd built up and ended up replacing. I decided to build one more 1911 just to use all this "junk" up and then leave it alone. So I got one more aftermarket frame (a steel Essex) and built one up, and "finished" it with spray paint because the frame came through in purple and it clashed with the GI Parkerized slide.

And the punchline of the story is, that stupid, cigar-box 1911, made with castoff and reject parts that had cost me almost literally nothing, turned out to be THE most accurate 1911 I've ever shot. :oops:

1703792440368.jpeg

Last edited:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
I got mine as a build from a friend without most of the OEM parts. Good thing it shoots great I hope it never has to go back to Ruger.
I do have enough parts to help a friend build up their 10 22 if asked.

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
Ended up having everything but a new receiver so I bought a blem from S&P for $ 69. It came in today and I can't for the life of me see anything wrong with it.
Had the trigger from an old build about 15 years ago and all the miscellaneous parts so I'm building a target setup now with the Clark barrel.
I'll be able to use all my old parts on this second build but I'm sure that won't stop me for a future one.

wproct

Single-Sixer
I have some plastic bags of them in my workshop in the basement. I try to not ever look at them, just reminds me of the dollars that I have needlessly spent. Once you buy them, they are not worth pennies on the dollars spent.

Latest posts