9mm magazine fed lever action rifle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

They finally went and did it...

There have been lever action rifles produced in the past, that used box magazines - the Winchester 1895 comes to mind. Speaking of which, I wonder if it's a proprietary mag, and also if the action is easier to disassemble than my personal favorite (Winchester 1892)? Guessing they would sell a lot more of these, if they were priced more like a traditional pistol-caliber lever action, and less like an IMI Tavor!
:)

noahmercy

Blackhawk
Unlike a semi-auto, it is not dependent on the ammunition to be reliable. This thing could be suppressed and a nice handload with 160 grain bullets would be "movie silencer quiet". But yeah, it's ugly and expensive, so not likely to ever end up in my safe...

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
12 gauge pump or auto-loader in a flavor you like.
That's one answer. A 9mm lever action might be another. ;)

Hey, I don't like this thing. It's butt-ugly (stupid looking, in fact, IMHO) and way overpriced. But I suspect the maker might be going for a niche here. I salute their creativity and enterprise. Only time and the market will tell if they had a good idea or not. ;)

That's one answer. A 9mm lever action might be another. ;)

Hey, I don't like this thing. It's butt-ugly (stupid looking, in fact, IMHO) and way overpriced. But I suspect the maker might be going for a niche here. I salute their creativity and enterprise. Only time and the market will tell if they had a good idea or not. ;)
I'll agree, you might be right. There's bound to be a few people who do the mental gymnastics and find a reason for one. Put wood stocks
on it, plate the mags in brass, add a leather wrapped suppressor and you'd have a "steampunk" rifle. I'll call their marketing monkey.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I like the idea but the style, all that "tactical" look - nope. Just not a look I warm up to.

I have mixed feelings on it. First of all, for the price I'll never own one. But price aside, it's an interesting concept. I love lever guns, but the angularity on this one looks uncomfortable. Plus, the proprietary mag kills it. What, no Glock mag? Also, the tacticool look isn't my cup of tea, but then again neither are the Henry X or Marlin Dark models. Or the other aluminum stock/front rail conversions. I've got a bunch of AR platform rifles, love them too but they are ammo eating hungry beasts. A lever gun, much like a single action revolver, gets you back in the habit of making every shot count. Plus there's something about a handful of wood and steel that just feels right. If it was affordable, I'd probably buy one just for the novelty. However, I said the same thing about POF's pump action AR, and I don't own one of them yet either.

I think its strongest selling point is that if semi-autos are restricted, this skirts the rules and comes close.

Latest posts