AR15 or 10-22 thoughts.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tinman

Buckeye
If you're wanting to try a .223 auto loader there are still some of us old guys that have Ruger Mini 14's. The Mini 30 may also be worth a look. Also, in the 10-22 size is the Ruger Camp 9. This is a carbine length semi auto chambered in 9mm. And if she's able to manipulate the action, a lever gun in .38/.357 might work. Lots of great choices out there…..good luck.🫡

gunzo

Hunter
Since the OP said she is quick and accurate with the 10/22 I would see no reason to change, and he wasn't asking for alternatives but the types of weapons OUR significant others use. Mine won't use a firearm or bladed weapon, but will and has used baseball bats, cattle prods, stun guns, pepper spray- and a table leg......
Dang it! sounds like time to move outa dat neighborhood.

Or is it just Saturday night fun at the local watering hole?

KS25-06

Single-Sixer
You might want to look into the side chargers from Bear Creek Arms. I have 4 of them and the handle on the side is much easier is to pull for me than the regular one on a typical AR. I have the side chargers in both 223 and 7.62x39.

Killer Bee

Bearcat
haven't put these together yet, kids will probably be shooting my barrett by the time I do :rolleyes:

my son is already shooting AR and AK but daughter still needs to grow into center fire rifles

anywho, this may be a good AR platform trainer for a young one

DPMS dedicated .22lr uppers just under $500 shipped for the pair from AZ tactical I recall, I snagged a few extra mags too ;)

review over at The Firing Line

DPMS-.22-uppers.jpg

Guv

Bearcat
I know it's not on your list but……
The Ruger LC 45 Carbine has one of the easiest pulling charging handles I have encountered.

mac66

Single-Sixer
The 10/22 is our go to HD gun for my wife in both our suburban home and woods house on our hunting land. It is light weight and easy to shoot both 4 legged and 2 legged varmints.

Latest posts