CCW guns are fine but...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DennisE

Single-Sixer
The guns I love to shoot at the range are not comfortable to CCW, especially here in Florida. For example I love shooting my 3 Ruger Bisleys. I've got a 6.5" Bisley Single Six 22LR, a 5.5" SS Bisley Blackhawk 41 magnum, and a 4 5/8" Bisley Blackhawk 44 special. I shoot 3 times per week and do so with my CCW guns enough to stay well qualified with 'em...but my heart belongs to the larger, heavier wonderfully shooting Bisleys.

Anyone else love shooting a handgun that you're not likely to CCW but is just fun fun fun to shoot? Dennis

Keltyke

Bearcat
Donaldjr1969 said:
DennisE said:
Anyone else love shooting a handgun that you're not likely to CCW but is just fun fun fun to shoot?
Sure - my Taurus Gaucho in .45 LC, my Taurus 617, a Colt Defender, a Steyr M40-A1, a S&W Model 10, and a couple of others. Just fun guns to shoot.

ASRuger

Single-Sixer
I enjoy shooting all my guns but I get a special feeling when I shoot my ccw in realistic practice scenarios and make good hits.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I don't think I could conceal my 7.5" Redhawk or Bisleys if I wanted to but I sure do enjoy target shooting with them.

My SP-101 is a tool. A very nice self-defense tool but not an especially emotionally endearing gun. 8) 8)

...Jimbo

Single-Sixer
My Single-Actions are my favorites to shoot. I have all different kinds of handguns and enjoy them all but large bore SA's just feel right.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Helped train a new shooter today who is going for his CCW soon. Out of all the guns he tried the 6" GP-100 was his favorite. I love shooting my own 4" GP, Service Six, and P95. They are my fave centerfire handguns.

Don Lovel

Hunter
I sound like a breakfast food commercial

"When I need a heapin helpin of quality recoil therapy, I reach for my 7 1/2" barreled 45 Colt Caliber Ruger Bisley. I throw a few 335gr LFN bullets downrange into a big heavy steel target and ring er good and loud, feel that torque in my wrist and the blast heat in my face
I just get all peaceful inside and grin"

Jake Bauer

Bearcat
Shoot, I love shooting my Browning Buckmark .22 pistol. I can quadruple-tap with that little baby without coming off target! Not likely to carry though :(

Big Stu

Single-Sixer
I was using my SR9c for CCW and then I bought a 4" GP100. Living here in Florida it is difficult to carry a large, heavy weapon for CCW but I managed to find a good holster and I am able to carry my GP100 now, even with shorts and a t-shirt. I may find myself having trouble when I get a real big gun like the .44 mag. or bigger :)

AzRebel

Single-Sixer
Open Carry -- the sulution that existed before the problem of CCW.

I still open carry some. Fixes the problem of firearms that aren't easily concealed. :)

With my current selection, CCW limits me to carrying a J-frame S&W. OC opens the choices quite a bit. Unfortinately, it's not legal in some states. It's always been legal here.

Daryl

Arky

Single-Sixer
I shoot a P90, an SP101 3in., a single 6 with 5 1/2 in., and a .41 Bisley with a 5 1/2 in. Nothing comes close to the natural feel and fun of the .41.

Joe S.

Hunter
I like shooting my mk3 22. Wouldn't carry it tho. Guess I could conceal all others if I had too

SamV

Buckeye
As far as handguns go, I really enjoy shooting my gp 100 6 inch. Smooth and very managable. Very accurate, easy pointing for me. I know some carry it, but I don't think it would carry for me without some significant clothing changes.

Pocketfisherman

Bearcat
There are some CCW guns that are also very pleasant range guns. My Sig 239 and Ruger SR40 are not unpleasant in the least to shoot all day long.

Rclark

Hunter
My CC CA .44Spec Bulldog gets out once a month (a box of 100 lasts about 3 months) .... My 'only' semi-auto 22 a couple times a year? Maybe? A couple of Single Actions get out every week to get exercised . So which do I enjoy most? Can you guess?