Consecutive Serial Number ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
This may be crazy but during one of my nightly contemplation's on Rugers the question occurred to me. Does anyone have any consecutive guns that are different models.

SATCOM

Blackhawk
Must be very possible as my little accumulation shows a Super Blackhawk #1621 and Hawkeye #1632. There should be a RST4, Single Six, Flattop 44, Flattop 357, Old Army Stainless, and Bearcat with both those numbers as well. There would be 8 guns with one digit smaller and another 8 one digit larger. All these models have three digit and four digit possibilities. Some have 5 digit possibilities. A couple have 6 digit chances. Two digits not for mere mortals :roll: OLD MODELS ONLY!

How about one of you math folks determine how many guns out there fit 1gunsnotenough's idea :) and two models with the same serial number?

SATCOM

chet15

Hawkeye
I helped match a pair of brass frame .41 Blackhawks up for two collectors several years ago. Richard Wilmot had the BKH-41B and Dave Overstreet had the BKH-42B, consecutive with each other. I think they are in North Dakota now.
Then at the Des Moines gun show (2 shows ago) I was taking notes like I usually do and came across a blue LCP with olive green grip frame. Wrote the number down then picked the gun up right above it. It was a stainless LCP with olive green grip frame, and the sn was consecutive with the one I'd just looked at.
Oh yes, maybe TW will be along to show the consec pair of fixed sight stainless Bisleys that I also matched up....one is a GKNR4F (one of four known) and its consecutive is a Davidson's Bisley 4-5/8" fixed sight stainless.
Also had a consecutive pair NR4F/NR6F and another pair NR4F/NR6F
Chet15

Interesting pair, Terry.

Just goes to show what Ruger can do with "interchangeable parts" to create two essentially different models by the selection of the "bolt-on" components.

Makes for fascinating collecting possibilities.

:) :) :)

d findley

Single-Sixer
I have a T514 serial number 29999. I know number 30000 was a RST4. It was held at the Factory for several but was eventually shipped. I'd like to find that Standard pistol one day and put that pair together.

SATCOM said:
How about one of you math folks determine how many guns out there fit 1gunsnotenough's idea :) Two models with the same serial number?

SATCOM

Well, he actually asked for different models, consecutive numbers. But what the heck . . .

For each number, there is only a single gun of each model that will have the same number. But for each number there will be a pair of consecutive numbers (either before or after the number in question) of each model, except for the first and last numbers which can only have a single consecutive number.

Therefore there will be twice as many consecutives as sames, with the exception of the first/last thing.

I'm guessing a bazillion or so . . . more or less.

;)

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Ale-8(1) said:
Interesting pair, Terry.

Just goes to show what Ruger can do with "interchangeable parts" to create two essentially different models by the selection of the "bolt-on" components.

Makes for fascinating collecting possibilities.

:) :) :)

Ale,
My GKNR-4F is the lowest numbered gun of the four known guns and was test fired and shipped June 1998, it's mate the KRB-4FW was test fired and shipped in August 2002, four years apart.

Two of the other three known GKNR-4F guns are consecutive to one another, #'s 268-20542 & 268-20543, I don't know if they have been paired up.
Terry

flattop44

Buckeye
Never really thought about it that way, how about BKH4 #10 & S47N #81-00011 different models consecutive or....
RH-28 #15 & BC4 #16 different models consecutive or...
RSSM #300019 & S47 #20

This was fun!! :)

FT44

Geeze . . . for same numbers across all models, you would need 10-abcde and 11-abcde and 12-abcde all the way thru ALL the myriad model prefix numbers, which presently exceed 800!

Sounds like a project for Rod!!

;)

radicalrod

Hunter
Well you know I am the MAN FOR THE JOB :lol: :lol: :lol:

I find it rather funny as I have been chasing a few COLTS and those guys don't get very excited about chasing numbers consecutive or what ever.....very few get excited about low numbers.....maybe it's just a RUGER THING :!: :!: :!: RR

chet15

Hawkeye
I know of three pair of Single-Sixes in Texas that have the same serial numbers. 138946 and 138946 went back to the factory to have an "L" and "R" put on to make them "different".
Then the same collector also has a same number pair of 5-1/2" Single-Sixes as well as a 4-5/8" Single-Six and 5-1/2" Single-Six with the same serial number.
They're out there!!
Chet15