Do you own a Gat, Heater or Roscoe?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

And if anyone says a pew pew, I'm gonna ask a moderator to shut the thread down, that's just wrong.
Isn't a pew pew what comes out of your butt after certain vittles?

I call mine a heater, after watching Star Trek TOS "A Piece Of The Action.". A bonus with that episode is you can learn to play a card game Fizbin, but you can only learn it at night, if it is Tuesday and when it is raining, or some such! :)

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman : What's this weapon's name, Private Pyle?

Private Gomer Pyle : Sir! The private's weapon's name is Charlene, sir!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman : Private Pyle, you are definitely born again hard! Hell, I may even allow you to serve as a rifleman in my beloved Corps.

Private Gomer Pyle : Sir! Yes, sir!

1719272807698.png

:cool:

gunzo

Hunter
Isn't a pew pew what comes out of your butt after certain vittles?

I call mine a heater, after watching Star Trek TOS "A Piece Of The Action.". A bonus with that episode is you can learn to play a card game Fizbin, but you can only learn it at night, if it is Tuesday and when it is raining, or some such! :)
Heater seems to flow with me for some unexplained reason. A good friend, a VM combat Marine prefers Gat, particularly for a pistol.

Now,,,, vittles. I've watched a lot of the Beverly Hillbillies, but earlier consumption of Rawhide & Wagon Train has me usually saying, grubb. :p

DGW1949

Hunter
In my own redneck vernacular, "Roscoe" is only used if the rod in question is a chromed or nickeled, small framed, .32 revolver. All other revolvers are simply "shooters"....."Heater"?; now that's got to be a 1911 or 1911-A1 .45 Auto and nothing else, no doubt about it....No idea about "Gat", but somebody said that that's what they call their Glocks. It does sounds like it fits though.

DGW

gunzo

Hunter
DGW, you made me curious. Seems gat was short for the Gatling gun & when double action revolvers started becoming popular, they reminded folks of it, revolving & firing.

Just goofing around when I started the thread, but actually learned something.