Factory nickel plated single six on GB

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1719766294637.jpeg

NDIH, just sharing. Take it for what it's worth.

krw

Blackhawk
I tried to buy one of these way back in 'Shotgun News' days. 1 hour left and I predict it still has a ways to go!! One of the more collectible Ruger's IMO

twriggen

Single-Sixer
Rene lists a price on them at $2175. Add the box and paperwork I set my number at $2500. I was "talked into" going a little higher but I couldn't justify more for something there was over 100 of made. Interestingly, Dougan has this listed as a one-cylinder gun, but the pictures showed an extra cylinder with it.

One of the earlier XR3 single sixes, autos, or Blackhawk would have most definitely gone higher.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I've had three of these over the years. Sold one after getting a better one twice. The one I kept has the shipper and I bought it from our old friend "flatgate" way back in 2005. I gave him $3K for it then, but I couldn't afford it all at once, so I gave him a $1K check and he let me take the gun with the promise that I would send him the rest later, which I did.

sc6c-505421.jpg

The sticker on the box says "C-H-R-O-M-E" and the shipper also says CHROME on the side. But the invoice copy lists this batch as Nickel.

Shiny-Bauble-Invoice.jpg

My son was with me on that trip and he took this pic of me holding the gun, standing next to Carl "flatgate" in his basement. We had been in Colorado for a week prior and got sunburned.

WMG-Flatgate-Basement.jpg