Federal Ammunition Company has sold out !!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunzo

Hunter
I don't see a move from the actual manufacturing locations at the present time.

But what product will be produced & where it will be sent is the question. IMO. Or,,,, where might the components be diverted to is a bigger question. Think this through, they may have bought a huge ammo company, but their customers are not plinkers, hunters or target shooters.
Not panicking here as I've got my supplies, & this is nothing about me, but just another weakening of America and another dependence on foreign ownership.

I don't see a move from the actual manufacturing locations at the present time.

But what product will be produced & where it will be sent is the question. IMO. Or,,,, where might the components be diverted to is a bigger question. Think this through, they may have bought a huge ammo company, but their customers are not plinkers, hunters or target shooters.
Not panicking here as I've got my supplies, & this is nothing about me, but just another weakening of America and another dependence on foreign ownership.
I suspect within 3 years the processes, and new advanced machinery that the plants developed because of the COVID worker shortage, to have been shipped offshore (like the Balkan Countries) The VISTA plants will be vacant like the vast Remington plant is NY.

There's a radio show called Gun Talk. Tom Gresham is the host. He and his family have 3 generations of experience in the firearms industry. His dad was Grits Gresham ( old guys may remember him) and Tom's son is in the industry. Recently listening to the show on a Sunday morning, Tom made the comment that he expected to see another ammo shortage before long. He didn't say why or what would precipitate it but he has so many contacts in the industry over the years that I tend to believe him. Expect I'll even add to my supplies in the near future. Just picked up 1000 rounds of Winchester 9mm FMJ.

What is your take?

Star43

Buckeye
There's a radio show called Gun Talk. Tom Gresham is the host. He and his family have 3 generations of experience in the firearms industry. His dad was Grits Gresham ( old guys may remember him) and Tom's son is in the industry. Recently listening to the show on a Sunday morning, Tom made the comment that he expected to see another ammo shortage before long. He didn't say why or what would precipitate it but he has so many contacts in the industry over the years that I tend to believe him. Expect I'll even add to my supplies in the near future. Just picked up 1000 rounds of Winchester 9mm FMJ.

What is your take?
I think you did good. Who knows what the heck is going to happen, but I think the comment he made makes a lot of sense. I wonder if this Federal takeover will have anything to do with it? All in all, I think folks should stock up a little just in case. Not to go crazy, but to just give yourself a little cushion. If and when there is a shortage, we all know the prices will go up. Reason I say for us not to go crazy, is because if we all went nuts buying up ammo today, that can/will cause a shortage right there. The liberals would love that, saying we caused our own problem !!!

Last edited:

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
I had my dream job for 30 years. My pension was building up to awesome levels. Then, with my company's fantastic balance sheet, they were accosted with a takeover attempt. Senior management countered, but had to borrow too much money, and even though they got the company they soon went bankrupt because of a looming recession.

When I studied for an MBA there were guidelines on profit margins and ROI. Today, everything is different. No sense of responsibility any more.

When a major company (not to mention one that has a big corner on the market) gets bought out, there will be no good to come of it.

It is a done deal. Earlier this week it was approved by OUR GOVERNMEMT and Prague since they, CSG is an international arms supplier. The Biden administration sold us out and it is one step closer to achieving disarming the citizens of the US. You can't shoot a gun with no ammunition. Furthering this Biden, Slow Mo Joe, wants the US to join the UN Small Arms Treaty.
Small arms is a small portion of their, CSG business so they claim, which further jeopardizes us because if they think it is not profitable or for what ever reason, small business units of a large corp are the first to be on the chopping block. Wrote letters to 2nd Amendment Senators long time ago about Vista Outdoors monopolistic practices and this purchase acquisition. This is how they circumvented that. ALL OF THIS FELL ON DEAF EARS. To my knowledge not the NRA, ILA, NAGR, NFGR, none advocated against this. To me it is a matter of National Security. Seventy percent of our ammunition in now controlled by some other country. Sorry but I cringe at the range when I see lot of AK ammo on the ground and Tulammo boxes in the trash. Lost of few friends to that round. I choose not to buy it. I don't want to fund our enemies. Just me.
Just my opinion and 2 penny's worth.

Last edited:

gunzo

Hunter
The share holders have to approve, & that vote is Tuesday I think. But the stock is up so suspect the share holders to be happy campers.
Yeah, just about a done deal.

Somehow,,,,,,,,, I have to think that if the Government branch that approved this was under a different administration it wouldn't have been approved. Think about that for a minute.

I suspect within 3 years the processes, and new advanced machinery that the plants developed because of the COVID worker shortage, to have been shipped offshore (like the Balkan Countries) The VISTA plants will be vacant like the vast Remington plant is NY.

Didn't Remington move its manufacturing to LaGrange, GA?

Moving out of anti-gun states is a good thing in the long run.

The share holders have to approve, & that vote is Tuesday I think. But the stock is up so suspect the share holders to be happy campers.
Yeah, just about a done deal.

Somehow,,,,,,,,, I have to think that if the Government branch that approved this was under a different administration it wouldn't have been approved. Think about that for a minute.
I don't think it would have been approved either. I am glad that at least one company has stood by themselves and that is Hornady. Stock holders have no loyalty to the country. Only loyalty is profit, profits we have contributed to and they greased us.

Star43

Buckeye

Yes, they left, but how about all the people that worked in the original place ? That part always bothers me that a company can leave but how many of the employees leave to go with them? Especially the older good employees that were there many, many years. You can bet that they probably got screwed when the company left. So yes, the company left but I always feel for the folks that were left behind. Both economically and also what it does to their hearts and minds after being at a place for so long.

Last edited:
I think you did good. Who knows what the heck is going to happen, but I think the comment he made makes a lot of sense. I wonder if this Federal takeover will have anything to do with it? All in all, I think folks should stock up a little just in case. Not to go crazy, but to just give yourself a little cushion. If and when there is a shortage, we all know the prices will go up. Reason I say for us not to go crazy, is because if we all went nuts buying up ammo today, that can/will cause a shortage right there. The liberals would love that, saying we caused our own problem !!!
I'd say you can bank on it. Vista owns Remington Ammo, CCI, Speer, Fiocchi, Federal. Any way you count the players in the US ammo market that's 2/3s of the industry. Only big player in the market is Winchester.

When Remington was broken up the firearms manufacturing business was bought and moved to LaGrange GA, they call themselves RemArms not part of the ammunition business.
In another thread I lament the unavailability of parts for Remington firearms. They have sluffed the repair parts to a "jack leg" company in Jacksonville, FL that doesn't know how to run a business, "we don't have that part, but we will order it for you." How long will that take? About 2 months. Remington Firearms owners are S.O.L.