Found this at a garage sale yesterday

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I spotted this at a garage sale yesterday. I have a need for a hatchet since I can't swing a full size axe anymore but I wanted something of quality. I got it pretty cheap compared to what I found some of the imports going for. This one is from Bridgeport Hardware which is about all I know but just hefting this thing gives you an idea of the quality of the metal. The edge is nice and sharp with no dings or nicks, and no damage on the flip side from whacking fence posts or tent stakes. It came with a nice leather sheath too. Someone said these are ex-Boy Scout hatchets and I can only imagine handing a pre-teen one of these now and watching the reaction from some parents.

picture2833.jpg

picture2834.jpg

sebtool

Blackhawk
Nice hatchet!

My uncle gave me a Boy Scout hatchet around 40 years ago, it had a wooden handle, tho. Leather cover, with a BSA logo snap on it. It was 1 of my prized possesions from that era, until my BIL decided to use it to drive some 60p spikes as tent pegs 7-8 years ago... :evil: :evil: :evil:
He split the head, and pit it back in my camping box, used the hammer he should have used originally to finish his job...... I didn't find out about it till we got home.

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
sebtool said:
Nice hatchet!

My uncle gave me a Boy Scout hatchet around 40 years ago, it had a wooden handle, tho. Leather cover, with a BSA logo snap on it. It was 1 of my prized possesions from that era, until my BIL decided to use it to drive some 60p spikes as tent pegs 7-8 years ago... :evil: :evil: :evil:
He split the head, and pit it back in my camping box, used the hammer he should have used originally to finish his job...... I didn't find out about it till we got home.
sebtool,
We must be related through marriage somehow. You have the same brother-in-las that I do.

Oh, to the OP, very nice hatchet indeed. Brings back memories of camping with my dad.

Jeff