Gotta Love the Farside

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1718970530662.png

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Years ago when I picked up the morning paper I'd hit the big news of the day, sports then the comic, I say comic because the only one I looked at was Larson, he always got my day off to a good start. What happened after that morning smile, often wasn't a smile. Thanks for the smiles Gary

It took me a while on one that I saw a few days ago. A bunch of cowboys (big tall hats, chuck wagon, the whole bit, sitting around the campfire eating. The caption was "Bob, not here" or maybe "Bob we don't do that here". Finally spotted it. "Bob" was sitting with one leg crossed over the other, everyone else, legs outstretched.

Larson was one of the very best. I have a number of his books and if I need a pick me up, I grab one of those.

Cholo

Staff member
Gary Larson is the very best! In the 90's it was my kids go to Christmas and Birthday presents to buy me Gary Larson books and calendars. I still have all the books, and might have the calendars tucked away.

He was the only cartoonist who could make me literally laugh out loud.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
It took me a while on one that I saw a few days ago. A bunch of cowboys (big tall hats, chuck wagon, the whole bit, sitting around the campfire eating. The caption was "Bob, not here" or maybe "Bob we don't do that here". Finally spotted it. "Bob" was sitting with one leg crossed over the other, everyone else, legs outstretched.

Larson was one of the very best. I have a number of his books and if I need a pick me up, I grab one of those.
Reading your post I got to the cowboys, Chuck wagon and eating and Blazing Saddles scene immediately came to mind then I read crossed legs. lol

My favorite is the one where Kevin the whale is farting!

But they are all so good.

And related to cartoonists. I have one book at home and he writes in the preface that he got his start by stalking Charles M Schultz.

Apparently Schultz had a daily habit of going to some coffee shop every morning. So this guy went there and waited for Charles to show up. They talked and he showed Schultz some of his work. It progressed from there!

Oh and the cartoonist:

Zeeba Zeeba Eata: A Pearls Before Swine Collection
Book by Stephan Pastis

Last edited:

Latest posts