Gotta Love the Farside

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This one is my favorite.

1719011338980.png

contender

Ruger Guru
I don't have my two favorites handy to show,, but one was where 2 deer were standing upright,, and one deer has a red bullseye on his chest. The caption; "Bummer of a birthmark Hal!"

The other one,, with 2 bears,, as viewed through a rifle scope,, crosshairs & all. One bear is pointing vigorously towards the other bear.

The "Far Side" is great, and I find that even though I saw a particular cartoon many times before it still brings a smile to my face. The comics are still the best part of the daily newspaper, but I only read a few out of the many published daily. If you have not followed these, and have access to them, you might want to start: "Pickles" (an older couple and their young grandson), "Sherman's Lagoon" (a shark and his friends), and of course there is the great "Dilbert".

Ken, Thanks for the correction, I'll probably never forget it now :unsure:.

You know, most of the Far Side, Bloom County, Dilbert and others would just zoom over the heads of todays "woke" folks. They just wouldn't get/understand them, they would try to read some kind(s) of messages in them and then want to be offended. I would love to see cartoons by Larson and the others today poking fun at the "enlightened" ones (watching their heads explode) - that would be entertaining. :eek: :D

Armybrat

Buckeye
The "Far Side" is great, and I find that even though I saw a particular cartoon many times before it still brings a smile to my face. The comics are still the best part of the daily newspaper, but I only read a few out of the many published daily. If you have not followed these, and have access to them, you might want to start: "Pickles" (an older couple and their young grandson), "Sherman's Lagoon" (a shark and his friends), and of course there is the great "Dilbert".
Pickles is my current favorite

Latest posts