Gunsmith for Ruger shotguns?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeremy Pearce

Bearcat
With Ruger no longer providing parts or service for Red Label and Gold Label shotguns...any suggestions for a knowledgeable gunsmith?

Ideally, it would be an ex-Ruger smith familiar with these designs.

I have a Gold Label that has started to double, and need someone expert to take a look at the gun's trigger.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Jeremy Pearce

Bearcat
East Coast. NY/NJ/CT area.

There are good gunsmiths within reach here, but I'd rather go with someone with has worked (or works) at Ruger in New Hampshire.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Chief 101

Hunter
I have to assume you contacted Ruger, they took a out of date rifle with a safe trigger problem not long and repaired it.

Jeremy Pearce

Bearcat
When I called Ruger to ask, they just said "no services available" for shotguns...and I didn't mention it was a trigger problem.

Maybe I should try again?

Thanks for the thought, Chief.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Jeremy Pearce said:
When I called Ruger to ask, they just said "no services available" for shotguns...and I didn't mention it was a trigger problem.

Maybe I should try again?
If you call them and say it's a safety problem I think they will be a lot more attentive.

Jeremy Pearce

Bearcat
Hadn't thought about mentioning the safety aspect...thanks.

But what about the risk of Ruger taking the gun back, saying that it can't be repaired, and then keeping it (against my wishes)?

I've read some other posts where Ruger has done that and offered a "comparable value" stock item in replacement.

Do I run that risk? (I really wouldn't like it if Ruger did.)

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
I love my Red Label too and would hate to have Ruger take it back. Hope it never needs work again, I sent it back about five years ago and they sent it back better than new.

Jeremy Pearce

Bearcat
It looks as if those days (of Ruger's shotgun repairs) are really over.

My calls to Ruger fell on deaf ears...and they won't recommend outside gunsmiths because of "liability concerns."