Harrisburg 2014 - update

Help Support Ruger Forum:

scramjet

Single-Sixer
Wow, really very impressive display photos!(a lot of food for thought). I would have liked to attended the show meeting everyone having the time (out on medical leave, I had recent surgery) although have medication complications going on. Is there a posting of the yearly shows, I'd like to be able to plan vacation time a head of time.

Thanks,
Tom

contender

Ruger Guru
The green wreath mugs were a Bill Goodman RCA Theme show display item. They are marked on the back with the Bill Goodman info & dated 1986.

flattop44

Buckeye
GREAT show folks!! Some real fine displays and congrats to all the winners. I am just trying to recover from the trip!! What fun, sure was nice visiting with and seeing all the regulars....then meeting several new collectors and new Ruger owners. Also picking up a few good guns!! 8)
I too want to extend a heart-felt great big 'ole thanks for Matt running the show for us the past 8 years. I personally know of all the hard behind-the-scene work that it takes to pull off the show set-up, hotel, banquet and auction. He has sure paid his dues so I hope someone else will step up and get us going in the future at a good venue.....then he can just come and enjoy it like the rest of us have been doing under his watch!! :)
FT44

8pointer

Single-Sixer
Yep, another great show at Harrisburg. The displays were awesome, but the "Ruger Family" was even better! Great group of people that know their Rugers and also know how to have fun. The general public attendees were also interesting. Seems like every 3rd or 4th person that came by Rod's display felt obligated to give one of his lightweights a spin :shock:. David (Street), thanks for the kind words and I hope to see you at one of the Virginia gun shows soon!

Jerry

radicalrod

Hunter
Jerry, THANKS for REMINDING ME......

YES I should get rid of my stands as everyone wants to know how they work and they feel the "need" to pick them up to see how they work....other than that everything was GREAT.....RR

Coogs

Maximum
But RR, how could it have been??? :?: :?: :?: :?: You didn't have me or the Gentleman for additional entertainment!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Love ya man, Coogs.

fieldgeneral

Bearcat
Street-

Wow! Great photos of show. After looking at your pictures I realized its time to get rid of my little point/shoot canon. What kind of equipment do you have? Did you use a tripod? Any specifics on camera model, flash, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.

Great photos! So sorry I missed it but my wife's medical condition was a bit more important. I did wonder that if in the "101 Education..." photos that the braces on the right side were some of Bill Rugers designed tools?

street

Hunter
fieldgeneral said:
Street-

Wow! Great photos of show. After looking at your pictures I realized its time to get rid of my little point/shoot canon. What kind of equipment do you have? Did you use a tripod? Any specifics on camera model, flash, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.

I used a full frame 35mm Nikon D800 with a 28 to 300MM Nikon lens. I used the flash on the camera as a fill flash and didn't have to use a tripod . Most of the shots were shot at the 28MM or close to that setting. That's a neat lens as it has the wide angle at 28mm, but you can zoom to 300MM which equals about the same as a 6 power scope.