ID Help---Single Six I have never seen before

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I stumbled onto a single six today that I have never seen or heard of. It was stainless with white grips and gold eagle medalions. It also had gold on the exposed end of the cylinder pin and in the cylinder scallops. It also appeared to be highly polished. It has seen use but didn't show major abuse. So what is this and any help on price range???

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I know Rugers but sure don't know everything. I'm sure it's not an old model and if a new model, pretty sure it's non-factory however, and might not even be polished stainless; could it be nickel plated? Nm or Old model?
Worth less or the same as a like condition factory standard model. Value of a modified gun is in the eye of the buyer.

contender

Ruger Guru
I think the reason you've not had many responses but a lot of lookers is none of us have seen one either. As such, I'd say it's likely a "custom" & not factory.

circlergrugers

Vaquero
Just me but i'm guessing pictures and a note of pictures would draw a lot more lookers to help you out. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words!!!! Hank

I pretty much read every page of the single six section of the Ruger Reference book last night and couldn't find anything. This was in a pawn shop about an hour from home. While this one drew my attention the guy mentioned they had just taken in a batch of older Rugers. While I was drooling over these the single six slipped my mind. Of course now I wish I would have snapped a couple of pics. I may be back in the area this week and if I am I'll get some pics.

chet15

Hawkeye
Sounds like a custom to me.
I don't recall any factory produced NM Single-Six having the ball end of both sides of the frame gold plated. Same thing with the gold medallions.
Chet15

Nanchulla

Bearcat
If it's a Custom, I want it. If it's factory, I want it. Either way, I want it.