Mike Venturino

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nvbirdman

Blackhawk
I saw Mike at one of the NRA meetings. Walked up to him, told him how much I enjoyed reading his articles. He treated this absolute stranger like an old friend. Best wishes Mike, we'll all miss you.

gundog5

Single-Sixer
Mike writes well researched books and articles. I have learned a great deal from him. He seems like a great guy. I wish him the best and hope he gets well. God Bless him. I will be praying for him and his wife. Bill

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
WOW! I'm deeply sadened by this news. I never had a steady diet of Mike's articles, but did enjy his comments on Single Action revolvers and western holsters.

Bob Wright

Del J

Single-Sixer
Sorry to hear this. I too have his books and read a lot of his articles. His work on lever guns has helped me enjoy, this part of the shooting sports even more.
Del J

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Recall so many that are now gone like Skeeter, son Bart, P O Ackley, Jordan, Elmer Keith. Enjoyed Rick Jamison articles but have not read anything from him recently. Shooting Times and Guns&Ammo have always been favorite reads.

el caminero

Single-Sixer
Recall so many that are now gone like Skeeter, son Bart, P O Ackley, Jordan, Elmer Keith. Enjoyed Rick Jamison articles but have not read anything from him recently. Shooting Times and Guns&Ammo have always been favorite reads.
American handgunner, may/june '24, has mike on p. 20, on my desk for 2 weeks now.

jyo

Single-Sixer
Sad news indeed. Great writer, and I'm sure a very nice guy, although I've never met him---I've read countless articles written by him... Glad to hear he's receiving some good medical help.

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
From the Colt Forum, post # 66

"There is nothing good to report. Mike is slipping away and will leave us short a great man and fantastic gun writer. I visit with Yvonne daily and Mike is worn out.

"I can't say much more, the reality is he hasn't got much time and he isn't aware of much that is going on.

"The world will soon be without a great friend and accomplished gun writer. His contributions won't soon be forgotten…"

Latest posts