More Gen Z Slang

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mirglip

Single-Sixer
I would think that anyone frequenting this site is a "gun person". That said, WE are more aware than most about the increasing control and loss of our rights.
This is what worries me. If we are more aware than the average teevee watching shmuck, and I think we are, that means the rest of the population cares even less that our country is circling the bowl.

HumphreyDaBear

Bearcat
I don't consider myself a gun person. I consider myself an American…who just happens to own guns…there be a resurgent population of Bobcat where I live.

Jack Ryan

Blackhawk
Well, reading this thread confirms it. I'm a grumpy, not so old fart. There's so many slang expressions that I don't care to even acknowledge them. When I grew up, there was always that one word that had a gazillion meanings. S**t. And it was useful in a gazillion situations. However, as I've aged I refrain from using words like that…
Now that word starts with an F but it means all the same things. Universal adjective, verb and noun all in four letters. Yeah no, I mean it is sick.

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
I don't consider myself a gun person. I consider myself an American…who just happens to own guns…there be a resurgent population of Bobcat where I live.
Some Americans own guns, because we can. Some have them in a closet, and don't do anything with them. Some carry them for personal protection. Some hunt with them. Some collect them. Some target shoot because it's their hobby.

My definition of a "Gun Person" is someone that does some or all of the above, and in addition may follow gun related forums. He/she is also very informed about politics and is very concerned about the second amendment.

My Dad came back from WWII with a trophy. He also had guns from the 1930's before he went on sabbatical in the pacific. He would not shoot for 20 years, but finally was coaxed back when I was a teenager. HE was a gun person and he made me into one as well.

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
An odd advertisement made my inbox today and I thought it fit this thread perfectly.

A $22 tee shirt with the following printing:

Huge American flag in the center, somewhat tattered.
An american eagle in the center, weeping.

The words: "I may be old, but at least I was here long enough to see our Great America before it went to ****"

I initially was going to buy one, but I'm not sure I have the **** to wear it in public.

Latest posts