Need Help on New Model Box/s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
I would think that both would be in the Red & White hinged "flimsy box" style, that's what my "Star" revolvers are in.

RENE Pages 108 - 110 "Box Notes" Hope this helps.
Terry

that 262 prefix gun is getting close to the transition from yellow/black cardboard to the gray plastic cases, may depend on more on when "exactly" it was shipped???? but would bet its the cardboard.....

street

Hunter
RENE states in 1995 or early 1996 all Ruger .22 pistols and Single actions revolvers except the long barrel models were shipped in lockable plastic boxes, earliest serial number is 263-13848. the earliest 9 1/2 in gun in a plastic box is 263-52813. It looks as if rugerguy is right as the yellow and black one piece cardboard box is the one that you need for serial number 162-957xx.

Whats your barrel length? Blue or stainless?
In going through a few my NM's in the red box my NR-6 and KNR-6 are in 14" long red box's with labels on the end. I have 2 red box's that are 11 3/4" long with white printing on the end for the RST-4.
I have 2 empty RST-4 boxes, 11 3/4".
I'll make a label for the back side of a spare box and use it as a placeholder until a proper marked or labeled box shows up.
I have a empty KNR-6 # 64 prefix box and a NR-6 # 62 prefix in the red 14" but I need to go through the safe and see if they make better placeholders. I have several yellow and black box placeholders in service with made up labels right now.
With a little work I may be able to come up with both box styles but improper factory labels.
Trading in all your OM's for the new stuff, Gary? :shock: :lol:

Nanchulla

Bearcat
I have 64-58049 (Bicentennial Stainless SS) and.....Flimsy Red Box with the Hinged Lid. It looks like they spent all of the money on the sticker. I do have a really cool Bicentennial Catalog/Poster which they spent more on than they did on the gun!