Oh, Hell. The dreaded halftime fiasco.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I walked my dog ms. penny lane. right after she got done picking the Karma winner!!!. ms. penny lane took a big pug poop... sadly....that's was about the same level entertainment of the half time show. oh...now I'm being mean...sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike J

Hunter
I turned the game on so the kids could watch it if they were interested. Watched a little but really didn't pay much attention.

I did see a video of Chris Stapleton singing the National Anthem today. He did a good job. I didn't know they had two of them.

Cholo

Staff member
↑ I didn't either as I only watched the very end of the game. Seems a black National Anthem was also sung. Good grief!

hittman

Staff member
When these athletes rail against the "system" I'd know how I'd like to see the owners answer that.

They should remind folks of how many hundreds upon hundreds of minority members THEY have made into millionaires and multi-millionaires. By working hard and risking everything to own a team, they have CHOSEN to hire minorities. They have created GENERATIONAL wealth for many thousands of those minority family members to come.

My thoughts about football in particular ..... Owners and others "cultivating", using and paying mainly black players to make themselves or their institutions (colleges/universities, etc.) richer............ Maybe, sorta like the gladiators, prisoners, et al were used in the arenas to "entertain" the masses?

I looked at (did not watch, that would mean I cared to ingest what was being done) the half time show for about 20 seconds and then went back to my cross word puzzle.

Oh, and by the way, I always thought there was ONE NATIONAL ANTHEM for the United States of America. What was that crap about a second anthem???

And just one final comment, the USAF pilots, they were all female as I was led to believe. They did a great job, formation flyng is not an easy thing to do and they made it look great.

outlaw_dogboy

Single-Sixer
My thoughts about football in particular ..... Owners and others "cultivating", using and paying mainly black players to make themselves or their institutions (colleges/universities, etc.) richer............ Maybe, sorta like the gladiators, prisoners, et al were used in the arenas to "entertain" the masses?

I looked at (did not watch, that would mean I cared to ingest what was being done) the half time show for about 20 seconds and then went back to my cross word puzzle.

Oh, and by the way, I always thought there was ONE NATIONAL ANTHEM for the United States of America. What was that crap about a second anthem???

And just one final comment, the USAF pilots, they were all female as I was led to believe. They did a great job, formation flyng is not an easy thing to do and they made it look great.
Yep, all female aviators (or would that be aviatrices?). But not USAF. They were USN. It was two F/A-18F Super Hornets, one EA-18G Growler (or Shocker, if you prefer), and one F-35C. I have no idea what those things are called. Lightning?

Also, supposedly, even the MX crew for those jets for this event were all female.

KIR

Sparks, NV
The cool cats in the Kitten Bowl had better looking coats than the one the half-time entertainer wore. I only peeked to see if the game had started, otherwise I was doing something more productive...washing dishes. ;):rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

purebred

Bearcat
Well to tell you the truth I watched the whole fiasco and some stuff I like and some I didn't, The singing of the national anthem was great, the flyover was also, after my Grandson's and my Cowboys were eliminated, ( I know boo ) we both went with the chiefs and glad they won. Also like a couple of the commercials especially the ones about the dogs. The halftime show was uneventful even though my 43 year old daughter liked it. What can you say ?

We also watched the whole Super Bowl. I certainly didn't think there was anything lewd about her dancing.

I seem to recall a generational difference of opinion when Elvis started dancing as well. Some people liked it and others thought he was too provocative? Is that correct? 😀

But all in all, the game was really exciting.

We also watched the whole Super Bowl. I certainly didn't think there was anything lewd about her dancing.

I seem to recall a generational difference of opinion when Elvis started dancing as well. Some people liked it and others thought he was too provocative? Is that correct? 😀

But all in all, the game was really exciting.
My wife watches the halftime shows, she's danced most of her life, primarily ballet but some jazz as well. She watches the shows with a
more critical eye to the production and maybe pick up a new idea for something useful at the local studio where she still teaches at a bit.
She doesn't like the crotch grab moves some of today's performers use at times. Ok for certain venues and audience not so much for
others, in this case felt it added nothing worthwhile for the broad TV audience. Thought the dance moves were very repetitious and quickly
became boring. They got points for the shear numbers of them and precision synchronization and that was about it.
She just turned 60, so there is the age thing to consider, she/we are not the targeted audience.
I was in the basement lapping valves in a Harley dirt-tracker engine so no clue about the show.

Teflon97116

Bearcat
While I was duly impressed with the technical production (aerial platforms, lighting, stunning camera acrobatics, fireworks, etc. etc.), it would seem that I am officially checked out from what's considered new and good in reference to the musical performance itself.

Suggestive crotch-touching and incessant auto-tuners are neither.

IMHO

OM41

Ruger Forum Member since 07
We just turned the TV off for 1/2 hour and did other things

The Norseman

Blackhawk
I have such low expectations for anything Hollywood
or Music Industry nothing from them impresses me
anymore.

What makes me really sick are the people that glorify
them. Most times those Musicians and Actors are
so far out there, they don't even know what reality is.

Dave , some of us would like to hear about the flat tracker
This one is a little 250cc short tracker. It's a 1967 Aermacchi CRTT 250 engine in a Harley hard tail frame. Harley brought about
35 of these in as roadracers and did poorly against the recently released Japanese two strokes. Harley and various racers pulled
the engines for short track use. This one was originally raced by Bart Markel as a short track and occasional indoor bike.
This engine has had extensive mod work done on it back in it's day. It's the short stroke with a 5 speed close ratio gearbox
and dry clutch setup. Did some research years back and found what I believe is it's original road racing chassis in New York,
at the time it's owner didn't want to sell it. I let a local rider run it about 15 years ago at a few AHRMA events, we ran the engine
on a dyno at the time to sort out some "stuff" with it and it made 42 HP at 10,700 rpm. Very peaky engine in that it had
nothing below 9000 rpm. I've had the whole bike apart for a few years now and starting to reassemble it, they are coming up
in value a whole bunch so I may sell it when it's back together.
Had a 750 KR for a few years that the market prices finally enticed me to sell it and had a iron engine XR for about a year that
I did almost nothing to and doubled my money in about a year...wish I had that one back today to sell!

outlaw_dogboy

Single-Sixer
While I was duly impressed with the technical production (aerial platforms, lighting, stunning camera acrobatics, fireworks, etc. etc.), it would seem that I am officially checked out from what's considered new and good in reference to the musical performance itself.

Suggestive crotch-touching and incessant auto-tuners are neither.

IMHO
This is pretty much exactly how I felt.
I really enjoyed the game, although I thought there were a few (couple) bad calls. Not the least of which was the holding call in the last, what, 2 minutes? But, I wasn't invested in either team, so all in all, I thought it was a good game.
I think it is the first Super Bowl that I've ever watch from pre-game to end, including the half-time show. I overall don't approve where the NFL has gone with the whole social justice and equity thing. But I still enjoy watching a good game. On the TV.

Latest posts