Oh, Hell. The dreaded halftime fiasco.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Trash pickup here is Monday morning, so during halftime I gathered up the trash and recycleable stuff and rolled the cans to the street. That way I only saw a few minutes of what the NFL obviously considered entertainment. I was not familiar with this Riahanna (or however she spells her name) but if that is what some consider talent they obviously are on drugs or brain damaged. Only by turning on the closed captions could I understand any of the crap that supposedly were lyrics to a "song".

What I found also pretty irritating was all the hype surrounding every aspect of this event. It is a damn football game, nothing more. Seeing the effort supporting this game by the military also was annoying. We need a military that can stand up to China, not crash our own ships into each other, not be obsessed with so-called "transgender" sensitivites and not waster resources supporting a professional football game.

The game itself was pretty decent. At least it was not a blowout by either team, but personally I did not care who won.

Didn't watch but my wife watched the half time show. Thought is was boring and said "it didn't suck as bad as last years and the
dancers seemed solid".

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I was in a fowl mood before halftime having to watch all those weird and extra-long commercials. I did't even watch the halftime show and didn't enjoy the rest of the game either.

hittman

Staff member
This is why, the older I get, the more likely I am to be playing on my ipad or visiting with the wife and texting with friends while the sound is muted.
I don't have to hear them talk or pay attention to commercials in order to watch the game.

BearBiologist

Hunter
My first "Super Bowl Party" (OKAY, so I'm not a sports fan!). Kept waiting for one of the dancers to fall off, so that something interesting would happen!

Actually enjoyed the get-together!

Jack Ryan

Blackhawk
I recorded it all for my wife who wanted to see it but had to work.

Took about 2 minutes to watch the whole thing, pregame and all and she WANTED to see it. I could have watched it all in about 15 seconds.

To quote USA Today, "Blackest Stupid Bowl in history..." yee haw.

I call it the "Stupor Bowl" because that's what even hearing about it sends me into.... My belief is that sports, especially the ones I actually like, are not for spectatin'.

I'd rather shoot a ground squirrel than watch some other guy shoot an elk, or catch a bluegill than watch him catch a muskie.

Rihanna grabs her crotch on live TV and it's ok while Jamal Williams does a hip thrust after a TD and gets fined $32,000. What's the difference?

NFL caves to the woke every time. but let's look at the facts....90% or better are black employees. going same the way of the NBA. and the public has no spine to push back. America has been slowing transformed into spinless snowflakes. libertards have own colleges for 60 years now. men are now feminized. it was there big plan!

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
Didn't watch but my wife watched the half time show. Thought is was boring and said "it didn't suck as bad as last years and the
dancers seemed solid".
Not a bad assessment. Actually I thought the choreography and the cinematography/staging were pretty amazing. I know I sure couldn't have danced like that for 13 minutes. Where they found 100 people who could, I have no idea.

But for pure entertainment, I still think this 2007 appearance on Letterman to be far superior. And it even has some white people in it! :eek: ;)

blammer

Single-Sixer
Don't watch (pay to view and then still get commercials?: no thanks for football). Sounds like the game was a well-matched and well-played, though. My son-in-law was happy: Chiefs won and I think a Kansas university team was doing well in Bball. Yawners for me.

If I want, I can watch the commercials rerun somewhere.

outlaw_dogboy

Single-Sixer
What I found also pretty irritating was all the hype surrounding every aspect of this event. It is a damn football game, nothing more. Seeing the effort supporting this game by the military also was annoying. We need a military that can stand up to China, not crash our own ships into each other, not be obsessed with so-called "transgender" sensitivites and not waster resources supporting a professional football game.

The game itself was pretty decent. At least it was not a blowout by either team, but personally I did not care who won.
IMO, the flyover was cool. It is actually a decent chance for the aviators to get some training in. They have to hit a TOT that is varying because of the cadence of the singers of the two ( :mad: ) anthems, so they have to adjust their timing, all while flying in a fairly tight formation. So, IMO, it is not wasted time.
I agree with you that I didn't particularly care who won. It was a good game, though.

I vote the Super Bowl halftime shows be done away with forever.
I could support that, for certain. This one wasn't terrible, but it wasn't very entertaining either.